Dahua SD29204T-GN POE 2MP Full HD Built-in Mic Network Mini IR PTZ Dome Camera

Mike K

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Reviewed that camera here: Dahua Mini Black Face PTZ (SD29204S-GN)

they changed the model number from S to T last summer when they changed some of the hardware inside; performance seems pretty much the same.

warning: thats not a weatherproof camera.
Thanks Nayr,

About being non-water proof. Would you say it would work outside if it was sheltered from the rain?

I also noticed looking up close to the cam pictures, that the turret does not appear to be actually covered with what we would usually call a clear dome. Do I see that correctly?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have mine outside under covering and it's fine.. but we don't get much fog here

No dome, this is a turret style ptz

More details and pics in the review

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks Nayr,

About being non-water proof. Would you say it would work outside if it was sheltered from the rain?

I also noticed looking up close to the cam pictures, that the turret does not appear to be actually covered with what we would usually call a clear dome. Do I see that correctly?
shelter would be ok, just keep it far away from rain or wet, mostly should be work well. SD29204T-GN is the new model right now.

terry

n3wb
Reaction score
Can anyone please help. I just bought 2 SD59430U-HNI and want to
wire power directly to my cams with the power supply. Do I need to block POE power on my NVR ? Everyone I have asked has giving me different answer from china

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Why do you want to power those w/external power supply and not PoE?

you dont want to give it both PoE and external AC power at same time.. pick one, not both.

terry

n3wb
Reaction score
They are long runs and I have power out to the cameras. I am just wondering how to block the power from my POE port. I was looking at making my fittings without the powers coming into them. I want the cams going into my NVR I just don't want the power

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
the power typically comes down the data lines, thats not possible.. If you leave the pins floating it wont have any data-link.

plug it into a non-poe switch and network it w/the NVR..

terry

n3wb
Reaction score
I will try few things out when I get home before I hang them. They arrived in thailand today but will be April before I get there. Thanks for the help. The company I bought them from said you can run both at the same time and it will switch to the best power source. Dahua told me to call the ones I bought it from.

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
terry,

Welcome to the forum!

My poe Dahua cams came with a very short quick start guide. In caps, the guide warns NOT to connect both 12V and POE at the same time. The warning says damage will result.

Maybe they fixed that weakness in newer cams.... But maybe not? Proceed with caution....

Fastb

terry

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks fastb. I will read more on it. I have till April before I can get them up and working or destroy them.

drewgost

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
shelter would be ok, just keep it far away from rain or wet, mostly should be work well. SD29204T-GN is the new model right now.
Hi Andy i have been trying to get in touch with you. Have you been getting my emails about the NVR and POE switch?

pitts15

n3wb
Reaction score
Reviewed that camera here: Dahua Mini Black Face PTZ (SD29204S-GN)

they changed the model number from S to T last summer when they changed some of the hardware inside; performance seems pretty much the same.

warning: thats not a weatherproof camera.
Dahua says: Allweather proof. My camera is outside in heavy snowfalls and -20° Celsius. Still walking strong:)

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Dahua says: Allweather proof. My camera is outside in heavy snowfalls and -20° Celsius. Still walking strong:)
Dahua does not say its all weather, read the spec sheet: SD29204T-GN | Dahua Technology

here', i'll draw you a photo.. (hint Ingress Rating: NA would read IP66 or IP67 if it was all weather, and rain == 100% RH)

Screenshot 2017-01-06 17.03.41.png

There are no gaskets around the memory card or anything to protect the circuit board from water ingress.

pitts15

n3wb
Reaction score
IT is funny. If you are looking on the Dahua Side in the web you find the Camera listed under the IP67 ones if you klick:all :) I dont know if its true. OK if you use the wallmounting brackets you cover the SD slot and the circuit board copletely. I asked Dahua today knowing I will never get an answer:)
I think I have to go back to Instar. But there is no PTZ with better resolution:-( Dahua.JPG

Mike K

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score