Dahua save clips from nvr to pc hdd

marid2apterbilt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Stumped, How do I setup a Dahua nvr (7416) to be able to save files directly to a pc hdd. I can log in thru Web Gui but would be nice to just save clips to pc hdd while reviewing it thru the NVR. Cant seem to figure it out. Do I need to setup a FTP server on my PC??

or otion 2....

IfI connect a Samsung D3 4tb Usb to my NVR will or how to get my PC to see it ????? Mightt be a stupid question as I have not tried this yet.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Not familiar with the Dahua NVR - but presuming it is pretty similar to Hikvision NVR - does the Playback page in the web GUI have a download or clip button where the download destination is set in the Local Configuration page?

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Why not download smart PSS for free and playback and download clips directly onto your PC. Another way of downloading clips would be to connect a USB flashdrive directly to the NVR and back up the clips onto that. But if your trying to send clips from the NVR to your computer, you won't be able to do that.

marid2apterbilt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My old computer isn't fast enough to review 4+ cameras at a time, 1 by 1 is too time consuming. Being able to save directly from NVR to PC would be a great feature. USB stick wont work very easily, NVR is now mounted in a so easy to find/access location.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Well, if you want to achieve your goal, than purchase a faster computer.