Dahua NVR5208-8P-4KS2E Changed resolution, no remote access, no app access, soft bricked, HELP

Reaction score
So I have the NVR5208-8P-4KS2E with the HDW5842T-ZE-S2. I had been having issues with my NVR time not being in sync with my camera's times. Some cameras would show the correct time while others could be seconds or minutes behind. Sometimes clicking around in the menu would correct it for it to break itself again. I read online there are issues with these NVRs and the DST and using windows time servers (for some reason?) I played with all the time & date settings, no luck. So I factory reset it and deleted it from DMSS

Now the NVR auto switched the resolution and I can not view or access the NVR from the APP, it won't add from the S/N scan, says "try again, try to initialize"

I can not access it within my network by trying to login to the same internal IP as I had before

I have tried remove the CMOS battery with no luck

I now have a $2000+ system that is now soft bricked and is in an unusable, irreversible state. The NVR is up to date with the newest firmware. Really hate this system with no reset switch on the NVR itself. I get it its for security. But these issues are severe and should be worked out in the next firmware update. Never Did I Ever believe I was receiving a product that's still beta stage. Attached are photos of my time & date settings. 1.PNG2.PNG

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Mine work fine

If you defaulted the NVR, the IP is now 192.168.1.108

You will need to hang a monitor and mouse on the NVR itself now and go through setup/initialize again

Reaction score
3.PNG4.PNG

Attached are the photos. It is showing 10.0.0.21. It used to connect at 10.0.0.14 when it was setup. It changed after the factory reset obviously. But I cant get past the err connection refused. I did walk it all the way through the initial setup screen before it asked me to change the resolution.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Are you logging into the NVR using a direct connected mouse and monitor at the NVR itself? You need to. The “app” isn’t gonna get you anywhere

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
If your internal network is 10.0.0.x you won’t be able to reach the NVR from that network if it’s at 192.168.1.108

Login directly to the NVR as described above and change the network settings to what you want.

Reaction score
If your internal network is 10.0.0.x you won’t be able to reach the NVR from that network if it’s at 192.168.1.108

Login directly to the NVR as described above and change the network settings to what you want.
My internal network consists of a Arris Modem/Router/Gateway (in bridge mode), to my Netgear AC1700 (wireless router). Therefore my internal config is the 10.0 stuff, as you can see above in the network genie.

It does not matter how I access the NVR. 10.0.0.20 does not work. 192.168.1.108 does not work, the NVR settings showed 10.0.0.20 as the IP address.

You are misunderstanding. I can not get into the NVR because the resolution has been changed to 4K 60 FPS, last I had it working it would only work on 4K 30 FPS, last time i used the 10.0.0.14 to login on my IP to change it, but this time it is not configured and will not let me obtain access the same way I did before.

Being connected to the mouse at the NVR/with HDMI monitor does me no good when I can't see the screen due to the resolution change.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hmm, after factory default the nvr will change to 192.168.1.108 , your network is at other segment so you never can reach to the nvr. So you need to change the network segment to the 1 segment

And the 10.0.0.21 is inner IP address placed by the nvr.

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I doubt it it auto changed the resolution and now you are saying you were changing it, so this is operator error.

Before you start slamming this equipment, keep in mind these are professional grade devices, so when we get our hands on them, it is expected we know a little about networks and cameras and how these devices work. They are not plug n play. You are lucky people even replied - usually when someone slams the equipment immediately in their first post because they messed up, people don't touch replying because that person has shown they will usually be an unappreciative jerk and will fail to follow the advice provided to them anyway. I get it you are upset, but it isn't the equipment's fault when it was due to something you did. Many people here have that equipment and it works great. It certainly isn't BETA and the time change worked for everyone else.

You need to get on a computer - not an app, not a mobile device. Get on a computer.

What is the IP address of the NVR now? Are you sure your router is showing .21 as the NVR or is it something else?

If you factory resetted, then it defaults to 192.168.1.108 and if that isn't the IP address of your network, you won't see it. But if you did factory reset it, that would have changed the resolution back to auto and then you could see it with a monitor.

The default IP address of the device is 192.168.1.108, which may or may not be the IP address range of your system.

Unhook a computer or laptop from the internet and go into ethernet settings and using the IPv4 settings manually change the IP address to 192.168.1.100

1647112950383.png

Then go to INTERNET EXPLORER (needs to be Explorer and not Edge or Chrome with IE tab) and type in 192.168.1.108 (default IP address of Dahua devices) and you will then access the camera.

Go thru the process to initialize it.

Then reverse the process to put your computer back on your network IP address range.

And then don't change the resolution and let it auto find it!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I greatly appreciate all of your help and support. I was frustrated when things are overly complicated. Turns out I excel in software and hardware tech abilities, but when it comes to IT... I'll admit I have a pretty basic understanding however hadnt realized the subnet mask had gotten changed after the reset and due to my internal network setup I may have a double NAT issue as well. Regardless thanks for all of the help from Jeff & Andy. Thanks again for all of the help. Love this community! FIXED!!!!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Glad to hear you got it fixed - and found a double NAT issue in the process that you can fix before it becomes a big issue!