Dahua NVR Video Playback Only Allows 24 hours?

doretau

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi all - I have what I think is a newbie question that I am not able to find a answer on. Why is it that using Smart PSS (or iDMSS Plus) to playback recorded videos that I can only go back up to 24 hours before? I've tried searching in 24-hour increments but the software will just say that there's no record. With my setup and settings, I'm pretty sure it should be much more than that.

• 1 x Dahua NVR5216-16P-4KS2
  • 1 x WD Purple 6TB
  • 6 x Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)
  • Recording setting for all cams: 24/7, H.265, 20fps, VBR, 1920x1080p
Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong that should be corrected? Thanks in advance?

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
A little confusing for me too but I noticed you have to actually stop the playback before you can choose another day.

With multiple cameras, and logged in to the web interface, I have to stop EACH camera before I can choose another day.

Hope this helps.

SD

doretau

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
A little confusing for me too but I noticed you have to actually stop the playback before you can choose another day.

With multiple cameras, and logged in to the web interface, I have to stop EACH camera before I can choose another day.

Hope this helps.

SD
Thanks for the reply. When you say stop each camera, do you mean stop the recording or the playback of each camera?

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The playback for each camera.

For me the first click launches all channels at that time. You then can choose different times to view during that 24 hours for each channel. You must stop each channel before you can choose a different 24 hours (different day).

SD

Reaction score
The playback for each camera.

For me the first click launches all channels at that time. You then can choose different times to view during that 24 hours for each channel. You must stop each channel before you can choose a different 24 hours (different day).

SD
I don't understand, can someone help me. Had installation yesterday as I am getting my tyres slashed constantly. Tried to playback, said max time span is 24 hrs also, but it only went back to midnight, and was all installed yesterday and meant to be for two weeks. If the person slashed my tyres, i'd miss them by an hour as last time it happened around 11 pm. I don't know what i'm doing wrong but can't even see a visitor who came to meet my mum yesterday at 8 pm (she helps me care for my 90 yr old mum, i also have a daughter and a foster daughter. I'm beside myself). Please in layman's terms tell me what to do.