Dahua NVR Questions.

Spudz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Quick question. I just recently picked up a Dahua NVR with POE. First time using an NVR. I plugged the brand new 5231 cams in to the built in POE ports on the nvr which is not connected to the internet and they are recognized instantly by the nvr. Do I need to change the the admin password on the cams if they are never going to be plugged outside of the Nvr? I would always do this normally if connected outside of an nvr but this is my first time with using an nvr with built in POE. I have changed the admin password on the nvr however. Until now I have only ever used IP cams plugged into a POE switch on my network and always change the admin password before do anything.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Do I need to change the the admin password on the cams if they are never going to be plugged outside of the Nvr? I would always do this normally if connected outside of an nvr but this is my first time with using an nvr with built in POE. I have changed the admin password on the nvr howeve
Why would you not do this? It's best practice. Even though it would not protect against vulnerabilities that do not require admin credentials.

Spudz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I guess I should clarify. I will do this but since I can't accsss the cams directly I wasn't sure if I could chang the passwords for the nvr interface. First time using an nvr.