Dahua NVR hdd error or not?

Nick1979

n3wb
Reaction score
My Dahua NVR4108 gives three beeps when booting up. If I look in the logs I see at first an hdd error but then gone. If I look in system storage I can detect the hdd. But when I click on hdd I can’t format it and also it is not recording. What is best to do? Hdd is like two years old max.

Nick1979

n3wb
Reaction score
Though I like the idea it is not like I have those lying around :) I think I have somewhere an adapter from sata to usb. Would it be best to format the hdd from there and try again?

Starglow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
My Dahua NVR4108 gives three beeps when booting up. If I look in the logs I see at first an hdd error but then gone. If I look in system storage I can detect the hdd. But when I click on hdd I can’t format it and also it is not recording. What is best to do? Hdd is like two years old max.
You didn't say if this was a second hard drive or when it was added to the NVR or it's prior use for some other purpose if any. Also make sure the drive and drive size is compatible with your NVR. Other than that, try a different cable and a different drive connector on the main-board in the NVR.

Nick1979

n3wb
Reaction score
You didn't say if this was a second hard drive or when it was added to the NVR or it's prior use for some other purpose if any. Also make sure the drive and drive size is compatible with your NVR. Other than that, try a different cable and a different drive connector on the main-board in the NVR.
new hdd inserted when I purchased the nvr and it did work all the time. First I need to find the sata to usb adapter, so will take some time before I can update