Dahua NVR / Cameras, Unboxing, Setup and Install...

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new here (first post) and was directed to this thread by Andy at Empire. I bought two Dahua cameras and and NVR and in following the first post to set everything up i'm getting stuck because i can't find the IP address for my cameras to log into them via my web browser (the discs that came with the cameras won't load on my computer). If I look up the IP address of the camera from the NVR is shows 10.1.1.65. plugging this into a browser just times out, as well as using the one provided in the first post here.

What I've got set up now is 1 camera plugged into the first port on the NVR via an ethernet cable. I have another ethernet cable from the NVR to my Wireless router. I don't have anything from the NVR to my computer. The camera feed shows up on the NVR so I know the camera is working, otherwise I'm at a loss. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT to clarify---I do not have a switch to connect everything to, so I'm essentially stuck where Saltster was in the second post.

Thanks!

Last edited:

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new here (first post) and was directed to this thread by Andy at Empire. I bought two Dahua cameras and and NVR and in following the first post to set everything up i'm getting stuck because i can't find the IP address for my cameras to log into them via my web browser (the discs that came with the cameras won't load on my computer). If I look up the IP address of the camera from the NVR is shows 10.1.1.65. plugging this into a browser just times out, as well as using the one provided in the first post here.

What I've got set up now is 1 camera plugged into the first port on the NVR via an ethernet cable. I have another ethernet cable from the NVR to my Wireless router. I don't have anything from the NVR to my computer. The camera feed shows up on the NVR so I know the camera is working, otherwise I'm at a loss. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT to clarify---I do not have a switch to connect everything to, so I'm essentially stuck where Saltster was in the second post.

Thanks!
The PoE ports do not bridge to the ethernet port. Plug your computer into one of the PoE ports, assign yourself the address of 10.1.1.10 and then you will see the cams. Try it.

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. I'll admit I'm a little out of my depth here---what am I assigning the IP address---My computer, my cameras, my NVR, etc? There are lots of IP addresses in all of these set up menus and I'm not totally sure which I'm supposed to be editing.

I can see the cameras on the NVR monitor, and was able to get them to show up on my computer's browser (problem seemed to be that Firefox wasn't able to connect but IE was) and managed to get them to show up (on WIFI only) on iDMSS, but I have been unable to view remotely with cellular data (I'm on the Sprint network).

Last edited:

PapaBill

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Being Held Hostage in Central Calif By Democrats.
Question Saltster, didn't using the port switch also make it harder for hackers to get in?
I 'm trying to remember where on here I saw that info and wanted to confirm if that was correct.
And thanx to your journal here, I am copying your setup in a way as to getting those switches and setting my cams up like you.
Plus it will be a lot easier to setup, But what I will have to do for now is just put my two porch domes up and maybe a couple bullets in front and pvc the cables till I can get my son and his friends to climb in this old ass houses attic space.
guaranteed a 6'1 300+ lb guy will go through the ceiling rofl.

Saltster

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
have a problem need some advice?

First thing ALL my Dahua cameras are working good with the NVR.

but when I go to use Blue Iris, SmartPSS, SmartPlayer etc... I cannot access any of my video streams?

not sure what happened, something must have changed with my Router? how would I determine this?

The only thing that is new, is that I now have some appliances that are WIFI like my thermostat, refrigerator, Washing Mashing etc...

Thanks