Dahua Mini Black Face PTZ (SD29204S-GN & SD29204T-GN)

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
They should all be english, pal/ntsc does only apply to analouge cameras.. ive got a cluster fuck of cameras that are PAL.. but IIRC this camera has option for NTSC and PAL, the only difference is a lil better resolution of sub streams in exchange for 25fps max instead of 30fps max.

comes with nothing but the camera..

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
ive never had a reason to update the firmware on any dahua camera I have, but yeah.. there's no region locking bullshit like Hik, so if you can find a firmware for it you can apply it.

Dahua dont post firmware on the website, so your only hope would be someone else publishes it or your vendor is willing to acquire it on your behalf.. but everything works on this partictular camera, it has absolutely no issues that I've encountered.. so I highly doubt you'll ever have an excuse to update the firmware, unless you enjoy breaking working things just for the fun of it.

Dahua's firmware is a step above all others I've used, out of the box all the features are functional.. none of em are broken or implemented so poorly that a firmware update has ever been needed for me... the only people Ive ever seen have a good excuse to do an update was Dahua NVR's that were purchased before IVS/Smart Features started making there way into Cameras.. they had to update NVR firmware to work with the new IVS/Smart Features.

Ive 7 Dahua Cameras and a Dahua NVR, all are unique models.. no 2 cameras are the same.. pretty damn good track record if you ask me.

Promod117

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
unless you enjoy breaking working things just for the fun of it.
Not when it's my money!

Thanks for the reply. One vendor I asked said it can not be upgraded.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
im pretty sure that means they wont get your firmware if you need it.. which is pretty honest, because I dont think many Alibaba vendors have an actual partnership with dahua, and the resulting access to firmware repositories.

I would not worry about firmware upgradability, Dahua's not known for back-porting new features to older hardware.. so the only time a firmware is going to be found is if there was some huge bug that made its way into the factory firmware.

Dahua is a strict OEM, they do not provide retail products.. the only way you can buy from them directly is giant bulk orders that are branded with your company name, so if you want great support and service, it all lies on your vendor to provide that.

ilrider78

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for posting. I've been looking to upgrade my existing cameras and this is one on my list. I'm in the Chicago area and temperatures here can be brutally cold during the winter months. If yours is doing well in your location, I'm sure it will be fine for me here. I plan on mounting in a similar area where it won't be exposed to the elements as much, except maybe when its windy when it rains or snows.

They should all be english, pal/ntsc does only apply to analouge cameras.. ive got a cluster fuck of cameras that are PAL.. but IIRC this camera has option for NTSC and PAL, the only difference is a lil better resolution of sub streams in exchange for 25fps max instead of 30fps max.

comes with nothing but the camera..
So which one do you have the PAL or NTSC?

Promod117

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Probably not, considering it is a Hikvision mount.

Promod117

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I give it a try. Its hard to really test this thing without getting It mounted. I cant even flip the image
Just looking at the Dahua site and this one looks to small, also. Needs to be about 135mm wide.

Promod117

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, it does. According to the specs, the brackets are only 122mm wide and the camera is 133mm. That is definitely a clean bracket! They also have 2 or 3 part numbers for that bracket, all with the same dimensions, which doesn't make a lot of sense.

densma

n3wb
Reaction score