Dahua IPC-HFW1431S digital zoom not working

eexodus

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm trying out the Blue Iris trial and can't get my Dahua IPC-HFW1431S zoom working. The camera supposedly supports up to 16x digital zoom and sort of works through the NACL web UI for the camera. "Sort of" because its not a traditional PTZ interface with plus-minus zoom but instead more interactive where you click and drag the area you want expanded. I am unable to control the zoom through Blue Iris and even when controlled through NACL the new zoomed in image doesn't appear in Blue Iris. In PTZ/Control I've tried ONVFI (OXML) (default through Find/inspect) and all Network IP Dahua options, none work. Does anyone know what I need to do to get it working in Blue Iris? And if its simply not compatible with this camera model does Blue Iris have the ability to digitally zoom itself? The users who I support who will be logging in to the Blue Iris web UI and clipping out parts of the 24/7 recording have requested the ability to zoom in on part of the 4MP 2K video (cropping, basically). Alternatively they would have to learn simple video editing tools to zoom/crop and/or purchase new cameras.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm trying out the Blue Iris trial and can't get my Dahua IPC-HFW1431S zoom working. The camera supposedly supports up to 16x digital zoom and sort of works through the NACL web UI for the camera. "Sort of" because its not a traditional PTZ interface with plus-minus zoom but instead more interactive where you click and drag the area you want expanded. I am unable to control the zoom through Blue Iris and even when controlled through NACL the new zoomed in image doesn't appear in Blue Iris. In PTZ/Control I've tried ONVFI (OXML) (default through Find/inspect) and all Network IP Dahua options, none work. Does anyone know what I need to do to get it working in Blue Iris? And if its simply not compatible with this camera model does Blue Iris have the ability to digitally zoom itself? The users who I support who will be logging in to the Blue Iris web UI and clipping out parts of the 24/7 recording have requested the ability to zoom in on part of the 4MP 2K video (cropping, basically). Alternatively they would have to learn simple video editing tools to zoom/crop and/or purchase new cameras.
The camera doesnt have any zoom capability, digital or optical. The browser is doing it. You dont need to enable ptz in BI for this camera, blue iris easily zooms in and out using the mouse scroll wheel after selecting the camera for both live and recorded video. This works in both the server and ui3 webserver. Either way you cannot use the zoom function to crop a recorded video for export.