Dahua IPC-HDW5231R-ZE No Longer Links Up with Switch

MrPaul

n3wb
Reaction score
I've had this camera working for about a week now sitting on my office desk until I get around to wiring it up for outside install. I have not done any firmware updates. I just pinged Empire Tech as it's still new but perhaps someone can help me here.

When I plug it into my PoE switch (Cisco WS-C3560-48PS) I do see debug messages indicating POE is pulling power but I'm not getting link.

Debug messages
%ILPOWER-7-DETECT: Interface Fa0/27: Power Device detected: IEEE PD
%ILPOWER-5-POWER_GRANTED: Interface Fa0/27: Power granted

Show command
Switch#show power inline FastEthernet 0/27
Interface Admin Oper Power Device Class Max
(Watts)
--------- ------ ---------- ------- ------------------- ----- ----
Fa0/27 auto on 15.4 Ieee PD 0 15.4

Interface AdminPowerMax AdminConsumption
(Watts) (Watts)
---------- --------------- --------------------

Fa0/27 15.4 15.4

This was working fine for about a week. I have not moved the camera outdoor yet and it's sitting on the desk in my office.

The following troubleshooting steps have been taken.
Different ethernet cable
Different switch port
Known good cable that is working on my SV3C dome camera that is also in my office on the same switch
Rebooted the switch
Change switch link negotiation from auto to hard coded 100/full

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Did you change the default ip to a different one?

Valiant

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
How long are you waiting to see the link become active ?. If Spanning Tree Protocol is active (I think it may be on as default), it will take up to 50 seconds for the port to go into forwarding state.

Other checks you can do-

See if the IR Leds illuminate when the camera boots up
Run the Dahua utility and locate the camera, set up IP address etc.

MrPaul

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you change the default ip to a different one?
I did and set it statically. This is a link issue however and not an IP address.

How long are you waiting to see the link become active ?. If Spanning Tree Protocol is active (I think it may be on as default), it will take up to 50 seconds for the port to go into forwarding state.

Other checks you can do-

See if the IR Leds illuminate when the camera boots up
Run the Dahua utility and locate the camera, set up IP address etc.
I left it plugged in all day today so the max 50 sec spanning tree timer isn't the issue. Also, I would see those logs on the switch indicating listening > learning > forwarding states and see the link LED be amber during that time. I also failed to mention that I have portfast enabled so spanning tree isn't doing it's thing.

I also don't see any LEDs light up on the camera. Not even the IR ones while looking at my phone camera in the dark.

MrPaul

n3wb
Reaction score
I've done a hard reset as well on the camera just as a hope that it works but nothing changed. Below are the logs from the switch using the same physical port and cable.

Dahua camera logs
*Mar 1 13:52:48.847: %ILPOWER-7-DETECT: Interface Fa0/24: Power Device detected: IEEE PD
*Mar 1 13:52:48.948: %ILPOWER-5-POWER_GRANTED: Interface Fa0/24: Power granted
*Mar 1 13:53:07.612: %ILPOWER-5-IEEE_DISCONNECT: Interface Fa0/24: PD removed​

Secondary camera logs
*Mar 1 13:53:15.112: %ILPOWER-7-DETECT: Interface Fa0/24: Power Device detected: IEEE PD
*Mar 1 13:53:15.196: %ILPOWER-5-POWER_GRANTED: Interface Fa0/24: Power granted
*Mar 1 13:53:20.179: %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface FastEthernet0/24, changed state to up
*Mar 1 13:53:21.185: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface FastEthernet0/24, changed state to up​

Valiant

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Will this camera work on PoE 15.4 watts?

Is the switch loaded ?, make sure you aren't exceeding the power budget. From the cisco web site -

"the 48-port PoE configurations can deliver the necessary power to support 24 ports at 15.4W, 48 ports at 7.7W, or any combination in between"

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Is the switch loaded ?, make sure you aren't exceeding the power budget. From the cisco web site -

"the 48-port PoE configurations can deliver the necessary power to support 24 ports at 15.4W, 48 ports at 7.7W, or any combination in between"
I talked with @MrPaul too for this camera's power. i am bit sure this camera is not power enough, so can't start. So i asked him to buy a 12V 2A adapter to check.
Hope he can close the dispute on our shop , because we will solve the problem easily if the camera defective. No need to worry at all.

MrPaul

n3wb
Reaction score
The switch only has 2 devices on it as I'm still building the topology before my new house is ready.

Anyone know if the positive connector is inside or outside of the connector?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The switch only has 2 devices on it as I'm still building the topology before my new house is ready.

Anyone know if the positive connector is inside or outside of the connector?
Using a power supply won't help you much .. You want to determine if the POe in the camera is working... Use another switch preferably a dumb switch and test it

MrPaul

n3wb
Reaction score
Empire is RMAing this camera. Looks like he has much better service that I was expecting. I've never bought anything expensive from overseas so I was a bit concerned but looks like all is well.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Empire is RMAing this camera. Looks like he has much better service that I was expecting. I've never bought anything expensive from overseas so I was a bit concerned but looks like all is well.
99 percent chance its not the camera..