Dahua IPC EASY unbricking / recovery over TFTP

joelones

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
is there a reason why i can't run this on a windows 7 box? i get missing msvcr120.dll when running console.bat?
Help?

joelones

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You Need to Install the Visual C++ Redistributable Packages.
Thanks, how does one construct the upgrade file for the following, see attached

It's for an empiretech IPC-T5442T-ZE

I successfully flashed:
kernel.img
romfs-x.squashfs.img
partition-x.cramfs.img
firmware-x.squashfs.img

But the problem still persists, no ip and some sort of boot loop.

Must I included additional imgs file besides these?

Attachments

Last edited:

jrhoops

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm getting an error anytime I try to write the check.img or sign.img files. Still stuck in boot loop on SD-49225-HN. I have tried a 2018 and 2021 firmware file. I am successfully serving over tftp and writing all the other files but it dies at the end. states in console "0mdo not find BOOT_IMG_NAME!" then "Erasing Update Flag Partition". Any ideas or different files I need?

marcus85

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks

I managed to get the Chinese version installed using DH_IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea_Chn_PN_Stream3_V2.800.0000018.0.R.210707.bin

Does anyone know where i can get english version for HDW4631C-A
Somebody has this firmware and upload ??

truglo

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Here is a link:

Make sure you know exactly what to do, or you could end up making a potentially fatal mistake. For example trying to flash a bootloader on a camera that is already booting correctly. If it's not perfectly clear, I wrote some additional details here:

jerrymfn

n3wb
Reaction score
Step 2, download this archive which has all the necessary tools (TFTP server, upgrade_info tool, netcat for console log):

To make things simpler I have prepared and tested a package for Eos cameras using my latest modded firmware:
I am trying to upgrade the firmware on an IPC-HDW4431C-A; does anyone know how to get these ZIP files? The links are dead :\ or maybe if someone has them, they could please re-upload them? Thanks!

imed88

n3wb
Reaction score
hello my friends,
first sorry if my english is not very good, i have an indoor monitor dahua vth1550ch-s2 it was under firmware version V4.410.0000000.4.R.20200221 and i updated it with Nordic_V4.600.0000000.0.R.220819 firmware after extracting it we found two part of firmware part1 and part2 i update it with vdp config tool the update of part 1 stoped at 54% and my vth1550ch-s2 went on black screen now its bricked it wont turn on and when i pluged it into the lan cable there is no ip detected or any thing the only thing that show is the red led when i pluged it into power, I unsolder the eeprom ( gigadevice GS25Q127C ) i programmed it with CH341 with the firmware V4.410.0000000.4.R.20200221 and solder it back into the board but nothing hapened still the same problem, can u please post a video or more explain how to use this methode TFTP and TTL technique. i tried all and connect the rx tx gnd but cant have a response via putty or any thing else plz i need ur help.

Thank you.

jerrymfn

n3wb
Reaction score
I am trying to upgrade the firmware on an IPC-HDW4431C-A; does anyone know how to get these ZIP files? The links are dead :\ or maybe if someone has them, they could please re-upload them? Thanks!
Perhaps @cor35vet do you still have these? Thanks in advance for any help!

jerrymfn

n3wb
Reaction score
I played with those over 5 years ago! Before selling the camera on eBay.
I think the attached may be what you are looking for.
Thanks @alastairstevenson ! this is already a step forward; do you also have the Dahua_TFTPBackup.zip archive with commands.bat etc? otherwise I cannot perform this update via TFTP since it is looking for that upgrade_info_7db780a713a4.txt file which I do not know how to generate

xfaustus

n3wb
Reaction score
@cor35vet THANKS!!!
I was simply update my new IPC-HDW3541EM-S-S2 when got stuck at 47% of web update. Followingyour steps saved my day.
:)

ethanethan

n3wb
Reaction score
Helo everyone, my first post.

I have a problem with my DVR Dahua nvr5432-16p-4ks2 . I made an update to DH_NVR5XXX-4KS2_MultiLang_V4.002.0000000.6 with didn't worked. ( Certainly i have an English version from China )
My DVR is lopped in rebooting, only a firmware screen is showed and reboted quickly after.

I tried to upload an older firmware to dvr by tftp, and everything seems working but... the problem is that the dvr keep reboot, even when the upload is started (check screen please).

Is there a solution to stop the dvr from rebooting every ~3 minutes ?

Thanks2023-04-17 21_15_10-COM3 - PuTTY.jpg

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Stop bootload. Try enter
wd_disable

If not try use other run template to update short part

Use tftp32 for more quick download

Use printenv 1st or use saveenv to store setting and no need waste time to enter each time params. Just run ...

Try ;)

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
help
printenv

#this enable log
setenv dh_keyboard 0
saveenv

ypu need unpack firmware and put this files near firmware
use short command

run up - is common update
run ... - is part update

you can also use
tftp 0x82000000 filename.ext; flwrite

afb58

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, I am trying to restart a dahua IPC-HFW3441T-Z IP camera by TFTP server with the firmware DH_IPC-HX3XXX-Taurus_MultiLang_PN_Stream3_V3.120.0000000.18.R.230301 downloaded from the dahua site and edited with HxD but I have the error message in tftp Failed.txt window: file not found

I think my commands are wrong, does anyone have an indication of the commands to use? the printenv() does not work.

THANKS.

4aki

n3wb
Reaction score
Used this guide to restore my Dahua IPC HDW5541H-ASE-PV camera. The problem was that when the camera was updated via the Internet, the firmware was incorrect and after that the camera was always rebooting. I used this instruction for recovery and made a video for others, here is the link - . Maybe it will help someone