Dahua ip camera garbled audio (solved)

Lukey

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all,

A little while ago I noticed my cameras were capturing garbled audio both in Liveview and Playback (Dahua DH-IPC-HDW4831EMP-ASE ). The distortion made people sound satanic and illegible. I had a play around with settings this evening and found the cause.

The relevant setting is in the camera's web interface, not the NVR's or SmartPSS from what I could find. To access it, navigate to the NVR's web interface and login. Then, in the 'Setting' menu, select 'Camera'. In Camera List, all the cameras are listed along with an IE icon in the Webpage column. Click on the iE icon for the first camera. In Firefox, I received an error about the address being restricted; not to worry, Edge opened it without a problem (good old Microsoft). I don't have Chrome so I'm unsure how it handles this issue. Note that Firefox happily opened the remaining camera hyperlinks, it just didn't like the first one (port 10800).

After opening the camera's interface, login with your NVR credentials, select 'Setting', then 'Audio'. Then, disable the 'Noise Filter' and save. Repeat for the remaining cameras.

1612091100040.png

I hope this saved someone some time.

Cheers,

Luke

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
Older members on this forum, know about this, but it is good that you have reminded thi, to the newer members.

Gigapalooza

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I too am experiencing the garbled audio, but had already disabled the noise filtering.
It seems the poor sound is only a problem when playing back on iOS (iPhone, iPad), but sounds fine on a PC.
Curious to know what audio codec and bitrate everyone uses, and if that helps. (AAC vs. G711a, etc.)

Lukey

n3wb
Reaction score
I too am experiencing the garbled audio, but had already disabled the noise filtering.
It seems the poor sound is only a problem when playing back on iOS (iPhone, iPad), but sounds fine on a PC.
Curious to know what audio codec and bitrate everyone uses, and if that helps. (AAC vs. G711a, etc.)
I’ve had a play with the iOS app and found that it’s an app setting. In the DMSS app, select Me at the bottom (next to Home, Device, Setting), then Local, then NR setting. Set to 0 to remove filtering.

Gigapalooza

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I’ve had a play with the iOS app and found that it’s an app setting. In the DMSS app, select Me at the bottom (next to Home, Device, Setting), then Local, then NR setting. Set to 0 to remove filtering.
WOW - thank you so much.
I didn't think to dig there. Like most Dahua app/interfaces, this setting's location makes no sense.