Dahua IP cam frequent shutdown and restart

stefaand

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hallo,

we have a Dahua NVR with 2 Dahua IP (POE) camera's connected and 1 very small peephole camera (also POE) connected to the NVR.
We experience something very strange.
Once or sometimes twice a day, camera 1 reboots.
It shuts down and comes back online automatically after 4 minutes.
During the whole day and night the camera works fine. We monitor it all day long.
We get an email message from the camera that it goes down and restarts.
These are the messages :

Alarm: IPC Offline Alarm
Alarm input channel No.: 1
Alarm Start Time(D/M/Y H:M:S): 3/11/2015 16:6:29 Alarm Device Name: NVR Sender IP Address: 192.xxx.xxx.xxx

Alarm: IPC Offline Alarm Clear
Alarm input channel No.: 1
Alarm Stop Time(D/M/Y H:M:S): 3/11/2015 16:10:31 Alarm Device Name: NVR Sender IP Address: 192.xxx.xxx.xxx

we have no clue why camera 1 reboots daily on different hours and we only had once that also camera 2 was rebooting automatically.

We use CAT5e cables and it seems that the cables and plugs are ok, as during the whole day the camera;s are working just fine.

Why could be the problem ?

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I think that this thread : https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/5440-Dahua-camera-freezing-on-motion-detect talks about the same problem I'm having, although the configuration might change.
But I think Im going to follow the discussion there. I cannot delete my started thread....
To delete a thread try...

Edit Post > Go Advanced > Delete this post in the following manner

I believe that you may have to delete each of your posts in this manner...and I do not know if you will be able to delete the original post in this manner.

JimandYen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I had a problem with my IPC-HDBW4421R that would change settings every day. In the NVR menu under maintenance it was not set up to reboot but when I accessed the camera settings through the ip address on a laptop I noticed it was scheduled to reboot at 2:30am every day. It seems that camera setting was overriding the NVR setting.

[h=1][/h]