Dahua has a new water proof junction box PFA130-E / PFA130E for Turrets ( PFA137, PFA139 )

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
We are almost at two weeks since he posted that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ctbear

n3wb
Reaction score
Looks like Dahua is following @TechBill here, as he made a cover for the junction box earlier this year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't see no royalty check in my mailbox! :( Naw, I am glad that they finally came out something to seal the junction box better. I wonder if I can just order a couple of the middle seal to use on the house exterior so I don't have to custom make it for each camera I install.

Anyone gotten this junction box yet? If so, will you take a picture of the middle seal itself out of the junction box so I can see how thick it is or if it have a grommet that seals around the box.

Thank you
Bill
Is there a link to TechBill's post of this custom cover? I tried digging through your older posts. Thanks

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I've been using liberal amount of GE Waterproof Silicone Seal filling in the void left by these turrets, works wonders, and hasn't exposed itself to the elements yet. It does take time though now to make minute adjustments to the camera, because part of the Silicone Seal needs to be removed, but its been holding up extremely well.

I'm looking forward to the new covers for the new and old mounts. Was able to custom make one, but made it a little more difficult to route the pigtail / ethernet wire. Eventually water would have still found its way in.

Using 3M Silicone Seal Tape works as well, its still wise to drill a couple of 1/4" holes in the bottom most part of the mount to allow water to escape. That's why there's an exposed hole (tiny hole) that comes with the base of any camera.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks for the link but I don't see where you made a custom cover for the junction box.
It more like a cap to seal the 3/4" hole to keep weather element and bug out if you wanted to mount the camera flush to the exterior wall. "Cover for the hole" .

I don't want to use junction boxes and the current junction doesn't even seal in the cabling on turret camera because there is still opening around the eyeball and mount so I wanted to somehow mount it flush against the exterior wall of my house but still seal the 3/4" hole since it needed to be that big for the Ethernet jack to fit through it.

But still you could use any outdoor electric box with no hole lid from local home improvement store. Then drill a 3/4" inch hole in the middle of the lid and use the same idea that I did to seal the hole in the electric box. You would bolt the turret itself directly on the electric box lid using silicone sealant on the threads.

ctbear

n3wb
Reaction score
Like ==>> this ?
I was considering that however went ahead and ordered the aluminum Dahua junction boxes. The home depot ones I did not like because the mounting ears were on the outside. Furthermore, it looks like the Dahua boxes are all mounted with 4 screws whereas the Homedepot one only has 2. Weight could be of concern in that case (don't want to rip out the wall).

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
II just did a couple of bullets with 4" round, weather proof, electrical boxes. I mounted them by drilling four holes inside the box and didn't use the ears at all. The 5231R-Z is just a little too big to fit onto a 4" round box so the Dahua box is kind of necessary for a reasonable look and finish.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I was considering that however went ahead and ordered the aluminum Dahua junction boxes. The home depot ones I did not like because the mounting ears were on the outside. Furthermore, it looks like the Dahua boxes are all mounted with 4 screws whereas the Homedepot one only has 2. Weight could be of concern in that case (don't want to rip out the wall).
II just did a couple of bullets with 4" round, weather proof, electrical boxes. I mounted them by drilling four holes inside the box and didn't use the ears at all. The 5231R-Z is just a little too big to fit onto a 4" round box so the Dahua box is kind of necessary for a reasonable look and finish.
I knew the Dahua turret is bigger, was attempting to illustrate more the need and method to protect the pigtail, etc. FYI, in 2 cases I have sawed the 2 ears off and drilled 4 holes inside for longer, bigger screws.

ak47

n3wb
Reaction score
Would this junction box work for the following?

IPC-HDBW4231F-AS
IPC-HDW5231R-Z

Also how about the Lorex bullets from costco? would these work for those also?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Would this junction box work for the following?

IPC-HDBW4231F-AS
IPC-HDW5231R-Z

Also how about the Lorex bullets from costco? would these work for those also?
HI AK47,

The PFA130-E works for the turrets ( 3 screws to mount )
The PFA121 works for the bullets with 4 screws to mount.

ak47

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks Mat! By the way are you the same Mat on slickdeals? If so you're the reason i bought the kit!

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks Mat! By the way are you the same Mat on slickdeals? If so you're the reason i bought the kit!
Hi AK, yes.

Thus the references to ipcamtalk - this is the source where I have been doing the majority of my learning. Lots of great information and knowledge being shared here by folks with extensive experience.