Dahua dome that displays good and color at night

ron351

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I bought a 4mp Dahua dome last year. It works great but no support from Dahua because the serial number or device number they said it was not their camera.
So, anyone ever buy a Dahua 4mp that displays like mine?
The nearest street light is like 5 houses down the way it faces and 150' behind the cameras and with the low light it does quite good some how. Guess it don't need much light to gather to display color at night.
I want more but valid so if I need support by Dahua I can get it.
The snapshot isn't even the 4mp full capture it is only 1920x1080

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I bought a 4mp Dahua dome last year. It works great but no support from Dahua because the serial number or device number they said it was not their camera.
So, anyone ever buy a Dahua 4mp that displays like mine?
The nearest street light is like 5 houses down the way it faces and 150' behind the cameras and with the low light it does quite good some how. Guess it don't need much light to gather to display color at night.
I want more but valid so if I need support by Dahua I can get it.
The snapshot isn't even the 4mp full capture it is only 1920x1080
that image is not good and once a person or car is moving it will be a blur....what is the exposure set to?

ron351

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It is actually good and not a blur

ron351

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Show me your non blur camera image. You must have an outstanding camera. I been installing and tested well over 100 different cameras since 2003. I wasn't asking how bad mine is but where I can get comparable camera supported after purchase from Dahua

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Show me your non blur camera image. You must have an outstanding camera. I been installing and tested well over 100 different cameras since 2003. I wasn't asking how bad mine is but where I can get comparable camera supported after purchase from Dahua
interesting 100 cameras and never tested a dahua starlight? see the threads on the starlight turret...you will still need to adjust the exposure but it wont be dark and noisy...

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
where I can get comparable camera supported after purchase from Dahua
I don't know of a way that guarantees that Dahua will support you (as an end-user).

I've seen posts from folks who paid extra to buy their Dahua cameras from authorized Dahua resellers (specifically thinking they'd be eligible for direct Dahua support), only to be told by Dahua that they need to go through their reseller for support.

Most folks here have been ordering their Dahua cameras from @EMPIRETECANDY since the Starlight series came out in late Fall of 2016. Over a year later, you still can't even buy the majority of those models from authorized US resellers yet.

If you're looking for a camera that does well at night, look at the Starlight threads. The Sony STARVIS image sensor combined with fewer megapixels (2MP) gives the best low-light performance of the Dahua line. Hikvision's Ultra-Low Light models have the same type of setup and do as well, also.

ron351

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok thanks, so 2mp is better at night then 4mp? But daytime I would think 4mp is better then 2mp. Would that be a accurate presumption?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Its hard to get good night video with cameras in forced color mode, especially difficult to overcome motion blur You need a lot of light. The Dahua Starlights, and higher end HIK Darkfighter cameras are noticeably better, but you still need good light for forced color mode.

Two examples of good Starlight cams, and while great video, still have a small bit of motion blur.

(Switch YT player to 1080p)

2MP CVI Starlight (HAC 3231E-Z) ... street light about 70 ft away, 1200 lumen bulbs in coach lights just below the camera.

2MP IP Starlight (IPC 8231E-Z) 60 ft to center of cul-de-sac, street light 25ft to left of camera

ron351

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Its hard to get good night video with cameras in forced color mode, especially difficult to overcome motion blur You need a lot of light. The Dahua Starlights, and higher end HIK Darkfighter cameras are noticeably better, but you still need good light for forced color mode.

Two examples of good Starlight cams, and while great video, still have a small bit of motion blur.

(Switch YT player to 1080p)

2MP CVI Starlight (HAC 3231E-Z) ... street light about 70 ft away, 1200 lumen bulbs in coach lights just below the camera.

2MP IP Starlight (IPC 8231E-Z) 60 ft to center of cul-de-sac, street light 25ft to left of camera
CVI looks nice. I have cat5 ran so need POE

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
CVI looks nice. I have cat5 ran so need POE
you completely missed the point...they have the same starlight 1080p ip cameras ..there are several huge threads on them. Also the second video is an ip camera.

ron351

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok copy thought this was only CVI like the TVI BNC connections. I will look around in that thread and see what cameras will do good POE

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok copy thought this was only CVI like the TVI BNC connections. I will look around in that thread and see what cameras will do good POE
Yes it's only cvi...you need to buy the IP version...

ron351

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Copy got it. Thanks Now if there is a English store. I see a lot go to @EMPIRETECANDY but the site 160 com is not English. And to go through email communication to get the right stuff could take for ever