Dahua DH SD29A204SN GN firmware won't load?

dwfj

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm having trouble loading firmware into the camera. I tried power down/up holding the reset button for well over 5 seconds, but that doesn't seem to do anything. All configured parameters remain after the reset. The camera is connected thru a switch to the pc, no internet. when trying to install the fw, I get a message 'File is invalid, failed to upgrade....' . The fw file is designated for the 'T' version, which I think is the newer version of the 'S' that I have. the file i'm trying to load is:
DH_SD-Mao-Themis_Eng_P_Stream3_IVS_V2.422.0000.3.R.20161009.bin ]
I just found a more recent version:
DH_SD-Mao-Themis_Eng_P_Stream3_IVS_V2.600.0000.0.R.20170601.bin,
but I don't want to try that until I can get the reset issue resolved.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
as far as I know the "S" and "T" firmwares are not compatible. When it comes to camera firmware sometimes "if it isn't broke don't 'fix' it" is the best approach. If it isn't exposed to the internet and UPNP is disabled I'd leave it alone.

Was there some problem you were hoping the upgrade would fix?

dwfj

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It had been running for about a year and half with no problems but about 2 months ago, it started disconnecting from Blue Iris repeatedly. I blocked it from the internet in the router but I'm still getting 'NoSignals'. The other really weird thing that is worrisome is that when I first got the camera, I changed the admin pw and added another admin account, hoping to get rid of the original one altogether (which apparently can't happen). If I connect to the camera in BI, using admin/admin, BI will discover the camera with all its attributes, even though the account pw had been changed. I find that very disturbing.
According to the Dahua website, this fw should work: DH_SD-Mao-Themis_EngSpnFrn_N_Stream3_V2.422.0001.0.R.20161102, but i'm having no luck with it.1102.jpg

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
It had been running for about a year and half with no problems but about 2 months ago, it started disconnecting from Blue Iris repeatedly. I blocked it from the internet in the router but I'm still getting 'NoSignals'. The other really weird thing that is worrisome is that when I first got the camera, I changed the admin pw and added another admin account, hoping to get rid of the original one altogether (which apparently can't happen). If I connect to the camera in BI, using admin/admin, BI will discover the camera with all its attributes, even though the account pw had been changed. I find that very disturbing.
According to the Dahua website, this fw should work: DH_SD-Mao-Themis_EngSpnFrn_N_Stream3_V2.422.0001.0.R.20161102, but i'm having no luck with it.View attachment 29546
Those are different models, the SD29204S-GN it's an old model, 2 years ago , this model no updates anymore i think.

dwfj

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So I gather that the Dahua website fw listing is wrong. Sounds as if my 1-1/2 yr old camera is ready for the junk pile. :(

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
So I gather that the Dahua website fw listing is wrong. Sounds as if my 1-1/2 yr old camera is ready for the junk pile. :(
contact me, I will get one for you, but maybe earlier than yours, no try the wrong fw again, or else the camera dead and you can't fix up there.

dwfj

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I opened the camera up and found another button on the PCB which is normally completely hidden. Figuring I had nothing to loose at this point, I held it in while powering up and after about 40 sec, the red led's on the board flashed, another blue led flashed and the unit did reset to factory defaults. I'm guessing the button next to the SD card slot is only for the card. I did not get any material with the unit, so this is trial and error for me. The manual says nothing about the buttons. As has been pointed out in other posts, these cams are not normally destined for end users, so there is a learning curve.
I'm going to wait and see if the reset helps the BI 'no signal' issue.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Make sure you try simple things like a new ethernet cable too.