Dahua camera compatibility

lorca

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I joined this forum a while back because I wanted to learn as much as I can about installing a home surveillance system. After weeks of reading virtually every post in this forum I decided to go for dahua cameras.

Winding the clock back a little I looked at this about nine months ago and decided to go for a cheap dummy run to see if it was worth installing a more expensive system. I purchased a Securicam Stalwart - 4 Channel IP 1080p p2p HDMI NVR with a WD 2TB Purple surveillance hard drive and a cheap 1mb Sricam to try. All worked well except for the quality which was naff. I also tried an evaluation version of blue iris and was very impressed by this software.

Fast forward to now, I used AliExpress to purchase a Dahua 4MP IPC-HDW4431C-A POE camera. This arrived within 13 days to the UK.

The new dahua camera appears to work flawlessly with the blue iris software, I can also get into this camera via a web page.

The problem lies when I try to connect this dahua camera to my NVR. I changed the default IP address of the camera to my LAN setup. and also changed the camera resolution to 720P to match my other (cheap) camera but when I attach it to my NVR, the NVR recognizes it but will not connect throwing out a “username error”.

I then tried to check the camera with ONVIF Device Manager v2.2.250, the Device Manager again sees the camera but gives a “Sender not Authorized” warning, is this normal with this camera and are these two issues linked?.

So two issues I need to understand initially, is this dahua compatable with my NVR?

And secondly is this the usual response with the ONVIF Device Manager?, the cheap sricam is picked up no bother.

I eventually will be purchasing three more dahua cameras and a dahua NVR after xmas.

Thanks for your time.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Just a dumb question - did you provide ODM with valid logon credentials for the Dahua camera, top left of the window?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I can get that error too if I give the ODM logon a bad password or UserID that is not valid for a camera.
The new dahua camera appears to work flawlessly with the blue iris software, I can also get into this camera via a web page.

The problem lies when I try to connect this dahua camera to my NVR. I changed the default IP address of the camera to my LAN setup
But I'm puzzling a bit over this, apologies for not understanding. Did you change the camera IP address before or after it was working fine with BI (presumably on your PC) and your browser?
Why did you have to change the IP address to connect it to the NVR?

lorca

n3wb
Reaction score
The first thing I did was to change the cameras IP address, I cannot remember what it was something like 192.168.1.108, I changed it to work with my LAN 192.168.0.201 as my NVR is 192.168.0.200. This camera is working fine with blue iris, but will not play with my NVR or ODM and was wondering if the these problems were related.

lorca

n3wb
Reaction score
Tried just about everything to get this camera to work with ODM & NVR with no joy. I then tried to set this dahua camera to its original settings and try again. I could not find anything online how to do this so I took the bold decision to do a clean config. I did this via the clean config button on the bottom left hand side (see att), after doing this I have locked myself out of the config tool for the camera.

Is that it for me then... game over, or is there a way to sort this and get back into the camera?

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, that makes sense.
But are you definitely giving ODM some valid admin credentials for it to log in to the camera?
*edit* Sorry, missed the above, was responding to post #5

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Is that it for me then... game over, or is there a way to sort this and get back into the camera?
I'm sure it will be fine - once you try accessing it at the default IP address and logon credentials. Which I don't know, sorry.
But you mentioned the original IP address of 192.168.1.108 with your LAN on 192.168.0.x
So if you temporarily change your PC IP address to, say, 192.168.1.200 can you ping the camera on 192.168.1.108 or get the web GUI via the browser?

lorca

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Alistair, thanks for sticking in there... yep this is the problem I have now. On the original info that came with the camera although it is in Chinese, it clearly states that the IP address for this unit is 192.168.1.108. I thought that this would be the IP address after I pressed the clean config button on that page above. I used another laptop, changed the subnet from 192.168.0.* to 192.168.1.*, this is how I originally got into the dahua camera.

When I use the 192.168.1.* to try to get back into the unit, it can't be found. I seem to be stuck. I wonder if anyone knows how to reset this camera or the procedure once the CleanConfig button has been depressed.

zebrock

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You can try to set your pc to the same subnet as default camera 192.168.1.X then run angry ip scanner and see if you see thr camera on the network.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N930A using Tapatalk

lorca

n3wb
Reaction score
Alistair & zebrock... thanks both for your input. I scanned both 192.168.0.x and 192.168.1.x and the camera appeared at 192.168.0.204. I must have changed to that address before I pressed the CleanConfig button, I was thinking this would result in a complete reset but obviously I was wrong, it did a clean config but stayed at the last known IP address for the camera.

I say it must have done a clean config because when I tried to connect the camera to the NVR it picked it up straight away, I now can use this cam with my cheap NVR. I also tried to connect with OMD and this also worked.

Check both the ODM pics I posted, before the CleanConfig it did not pick up the firmware, after the CleanConfig the firmware appeared.

All I can say it thanks to you both for helping a novice here... kudos to you both.

Attachments

Last edited:

zebrock

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Very nice! Anytime

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N930A using Tapatalk