Dahua 8MP IPC-HDBW5831E-Z5E vs. 2MP IPC-HDBW5231E-Z5E

Tae

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

The main focus of the cam will be around 100 ft. away during daytime. Night vision is not important.

Will I be able to see more details with the 8MP or should I just go with the 2MP starlight that is highly recommended here?

Will the new Z5E versions be better than the Z5 cams? I want to order as soon as possible and I am not sure if it is worth to wait for the Z5Es.

Thanks,
Tae

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,

The main focus of the cam will be around 100 ft. away during daytime. Night vision is not important.

Will I be able to see more details with the 8MP or should I just go with the 2MP starlight that is highly recommended here?

Will the new Z5E versions be better than the Z5 cams? I want to order as soon as possible and I am not sure if it is worth to wait for the Z5Es.

Thanks,
Tae
FYI: Andy has said the suffixes "E" versions of the IPC-HDW5231IR-Z cameras will require a proprietary Dahua "E" version NVR or switch, so just beware in case that also applies to these cameras.

Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks,
Tae
If you only need it for day time viewing I would go for the 8MP to get more details.

bug99

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
i would opt for the 8mp as well. why not chose the non-dome version IPC-HDW5830R-Z5 (bullet)?

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
FYI: Andy has said the suffixes "E" versions of the IPC-HDW5231IR-Z cameras will require a proprietary Dahua "E" version NVR or switch, so just beware in case that also applies to these cameras.

Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The model mainly for long distance POE power supply, so if just home using, no need to buy the model without E. IPC-HDW5231R-ZE this one is a new model with a new lens, but have to test it out firstly.

pcdo78

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So you don't need a specific ePOE switch? They'll work just fine with a regular POE switch but of course without the long distance benefits of ePOE?

mastarpaster

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I wonder how they compares at night. Higher resolution vs higher light sensor

Inviato dal mio SM-G930F utilizzando Tapatalk