Dahua 5231 RZ fialed to connect Synology after update

DWinters1979

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi all,

today i had a update in the DSM software from my Synology NAS.
After the update my Dahua 5231 r-z lost his connection and i can't get it in my syno surveillance centre anymore.
With the normal protocol and the onvif no connection.

Is there a solution for this problem?

Thanks

DWinters1979

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Already did that, they want remote acces to my nas. So i must give my admin password to them..and don't know when they are gonna look in to my nas.
Conversation is going by mail and nog with a chat so it is difficult to make a appointment when they're gonna acces it

Reaction score
Hi,

had the same prob. They say the database at the synology isn't not up2date and they have to wait till next update. Meanwhile you can configure it as generic_Dahua. That works

suddenstop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You should just change the password temporarily and give it to them. You can always change it after they are done. the more tickets and emails, the faster the fixes will be.

For my 5231 a temporary fix, has been to set the resolution in the camera ui first, and then set it to the same thing in synology.

Did you update the camera firmware, or just the DSM?

DWinters1979

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You should just change the password temporarily and give it to them. You can always change it after they are done. the more tickets and emails, the faster the fixes will be.

For my 5231 a temporary fix, has been to set the resolution in the camera ui first, and then set it to the same thing in synology.

The cam firmware is up to date, i didnt changed that. The dsm was a small update and its a automatic update.
Do you use the onvif driver or the synology approved driver?

suddenstop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I use the synology approved / specific camera driver. I was getting "disconnected" messages as well. Synology support logged in and they watched the traffic back and forth between the nas and the cameras. The tech called it a bug in the dahua firmware that the "set resolution" command was not working cleanly and the synology was not liking the response and interpreting it as disconnected. The temporary fix was to set the resolution in the camera ui first, so that the nas would not issue the command.

That worked. At the time I was running the 14 dahua firmware, and have since upgraded the firmware on the camera to 16. Might need to open tickets with dahua as well, not sure if synology will fix it if is a dahua bug.

DWinters1979

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks, this is my software version 2.460.0000.14.R, Build Date: 2017-07-20, is there a newer version so it maybe can work with the approved Syno driver?

suddenstop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think if folks want to get this fixed they need to open tickets with synology support. They know about the issues.

In my case after opening a ticket, they did in fact get it working. I think they made some changes to my device pack file. However, the device pack was recently updated again, and the dahua fix was not in it. It overrode the manual fix they had put in, and now its not working.

Wierder yet, I have 2 cameras bought at the same time, configured the same, running the same firmware. One works, and one does not.

I set it back to generic onvif for the 1 camera - and that works fine. I'm heading over to their website to reopen a ticket, and I suggest everyone who is having this issue with a popular camera do the same so that they prioritize support.

suddenstop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just an update - installed the latest 2017-11 firmware and everything seems to be working. All cameras now working in synology configured as teh Dahua 5231. It looks to me like Dahua fixed something.

suddenstop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The firmware I am referring to is this:

DH_IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea_EngSpnFrn_N_Stream3_V2.622.0000000.18.R.20171110