Dahua 2MP 25x Starlight IR PTZ Network Camera (SD49225T-HN)

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
That almost looks like not enough IR. Are you using HLC backlight? How far to the capture point from the camera?

gansle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I used manual 100 far light. Prob 80’ i have ptx maybe 20x out of 25x.

Reaction score
I used your settings. I cant make out plate.View attachment 52596
[/QUOTE
I used your settings. I cant make out plate.View attachment 52596
Your going to have to zoom in closer, i am sitting at my computer as i type this waiting for a car to come by so i can dial it in. The first night it did it on its on, now it keeps trying to focus on the stop sign and i have to have a car going by slowly so i can focus it on the car. Once i get it dialed in it will stay that way all night and all day. I tried to use a preset once i got it dialed in and that didn't work tonight. So i'm working on it. Here are two shots from last night. Before and After i zoomed in.

last night 1.jpg
last night.2.jpg

Attachments

Reaction score
I'm so jealous, I've only got 2 cams on the front of my house!
Well they have so many to choose from now. A camera for every budget. I still need more but i just get them one at a time and i will eventually have all i need. Ask Andy if he has any refurbished models of the popular cameras and that is another way to get expensive cameras at a fraction on the cost.

Reaction score
Reaction score
@gansle Try zooming in closer. Also i find it easier to get the zoom in perfect during the day and the camera will automatically adjust it at night. I have zoomed in closer since my last picture i posted. I have my preset set so that if i move the camera around all i have to do is hit my preset to get it back to my License plate reading position. This only works good during the day i have learned. If i move it at night i have to wait for a car to pass to get it back to a good location because it needs the license plate to have something to focus on. So i don't move it at night anymore.night LPR.jpgday LPR.jpg

gansle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Looks way better on my 50” 4k monitor than in pics.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
What exposure is that? Seems bright, try increasing to the next value.
Once darker then:
+Contrast
+Gain or Iris

But you’re in the zone.