Daft question, but bear with me ....

BigFoot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hello @alastairstevenson

OK, I've done what you said and waited for the router to assign an IP address for both new Uniview camera's, and this it has done on my own network assigning the 4th extensions as 27 & 34 respectively for each

Entering these assigned IP addresses into a browser brings up both camera feeds; and these are also visible in the Uniview EZStation software

But Blue Iris just wont see them - either of them !!

I've added the camera's as usual using the 'add new camera' command, entered the IP address as usual, but all I get is the grey screen of no camera connected

So close ..... then this

Can you or anyone else suggest what I may be doing wrong ?

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
you put in the proper admin username and password, right?

did you try BI's find/inspect when adding the cams?

as Alastair gleaned from the packet captures, they are ONVIF compatible and as such, should 'just 'work' when added that way...

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
the router to assign an IP address for both new Uniview camera's, and this it has done on my own network assigning the 4th extensions as 27 & 34 respectively for each
Well that's a good step forward, a result!

Can you or anyone else suggest what I may be doing wrong ?
I'm afraid I've never used BI, so can't help there, sorry.
But much of the rest of the forum are quite likely to chip in and help.

BigFoot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
you put in the proper admin username and password, right?

did you try BI's find/inspect when adding the cams?

as Alastair gleaned from the packet captures, they are ONVIF compatible and as such, should 'just 'work' when added that way...
Thank you to everyone who has replied, especially @alastairstevenson & @pozzello I've finally figured it out :)

After entering the IP address 'Network IP camera configuration' page & pressing 'find/inspect' I just carried on with how the configuration was auto-filled without checking it

The path auto-filled was wrong & needed changing to what the 'inspect' found

Change this, restart twice & the camera - in fact both new camera's - are working :) :) :)

It's only taken 2 weeks