Criminals covered their license plate with black sticker, LPC is now useless, what else I can do?

tmcdiscord

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
But you said here that you captured their plate by cellphone - so same car or different? If different, are you sure same person?
Oh, that was when we first caught them, then they got out of prison 2 years later. But at first, we didn't have any cameras and used our phone camera. But then, while they were in prison, we guarded up our house with cameras. And now, 2 years later, they're on conditional release.

Is it enough for the police or a judge to compare this pic to theirs and say same vehicle?
We can try yes, but they could send their friends or someone else.
I will also see if I can get those filters so I can see through the front windshield window

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
A plate isn't really all that necessary as I see it. You know who they are. You have the vehicle make/model/year/other specific identifying characteristics. Should be able to connect the two. The fact that they have the plates covered is just more damning for them. If you're concerned about it, show what you have to the police/lawyer/whoever. The lack of a plate capture isn't going to be the determining factor in what happens from there.

tmcdiscord

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you believe they are intimidating you as a witness, that is a crime. Pretty simple for the DA if convinced that this is witness intimidation to pull their DMV records to compare those records with the car you captured with your cameras.

What crime were they convicted of?
They threw big rocks on the back yard of hour home, they cut electricity off of our home and they would come and ring the bell multiple times and then disappear every 3 other days.

Reaction score
They threw big rocks on the back yard of hour home, they cut electricity off of our home and they would come and ring the bell multiple times and then disappear every 3 other days.
The ball is in YOUR court here, and it's time for you to ACT. You have plenty of incriminating evidence, and they are screwing themselves by trying to mess with you. Your cameras have already documented this.
CALL THE POLICE AND THE PROSECUTOR! You don't need to put up with that crap. Get a RESTRAINING ORDER based on past threats/actions.

It also sounds like you fear what they "might" do. Are you armed? The idiots you are dealing with are clearly not the brightest bulbs on the tree, and stupid people do stupid things. Get Armed-- because when seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

tmcdiscord

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OK, so you have daytime shots and it appears there are some distinguishing marks. Is that toyota sticker across the bottom of the windshield standard? I haven't seen one with that. Stickers on the top of the drivers side windshield are uniquely placed. Is that a reflection on the back passenger window or is that more distinguishing marks? What about the white square at the top of that window - reflection or a sticker? Is it enough for the police or a judge to compare this pic to theirs and say same vehicle?
Thanks about the details, I'll attach them with the evidence

tmcdiscord

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The ball is in YOUR court here, and it's time for you to ACT. You have plenty of incriminating evidence, and they are screwing themselves by trying to mess with you. Your cameras have already documented this.
CALL THE POLICE AND THE PROSECUTOR! You don't need to put up with that crap. Get a RESTRAINING ORDER based on past threats/actions.

It also sounds like you fear what they "might" do. Are you armed? The idiots you are dealing with are clearly not the brightest bulbs on the tree, and stupid people do stupid things. Get Armed-- because when seconds count, the police are only minutes away.
Thanks for the heads up, yeah, you're right, those evidence can help.

wrapter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That's a Toyota land cruiser, which country is the footage from. In the US those are quite rare, so it won't be hard for any cop or private detective to spot and catch them in the act.

tmcdiscord

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have that motion sensor and it works great. 4 sensors, and I set a different alarm for each one. Even the dog learned where to go when an alarm sounded.
How would I use those alarms? There're many cars passes by my house and people. Are they programmable to identify certain images of a car?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No, what is meant by adding this sensors is to add these to alert you whenever ANYONE crosses onto your property, like they pull in the driveway.

Now with BI and AI and probably some model training, you could create an alert that would alert you when a vehicle matching that appearance passes by. We can do that with delivery trucks or by plate, so it is just some additional model training.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
How would I use those alarms? There're many cars passes by my house and people. Are they programmable to identify certain images of a car?
No they’re not for traffic on the street. Think ahead. They’re for alerting you if someone comes to a door, window, or even your driveway. It’s about buying time to respond and knowing someone is on your property while it’s happening, not 8 hours later when you review video.

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
I know the OP has "USA" as his location, but the Abdul Latif Jameel Toyota company sells Toyotas in Saudi Arabia. Of course it could be a car imported to the US, but I suspect the OP is not actually in the US as stated based on the picture and the words he uses in his posts. Not that it really matters, other than the laws and police support might be very different that what we are use to in the US.

Reaction score
I know the OP has "USA" as his location, but the Abdul Latif Jameel Toyota company sells Toyotas in Saudi Arabia. Of course it could be a car imported to the US, but I suspect the OP is not actually in the US as stated based on the picture and the words he uses in his posts. Not that it really matters, other than the laws and police support might be very different that what we are use to in the US.
I was thinking who sells toyotas with gun ports in the window in the USA

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
Honestly I'm more shocked that they left that Toyota sticker on the windshield? WTF? I wouldn't drive that off the lot before the dealership took that junk off there!

looktall

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
View attachment 152645

This is taken from an LPC Z12E camera, they have covered their license plate, and they know we have cameras.
you must have a really good camera on your phone to have photographed a car from Saudi Arabia.
The sticker on the windscreen says "Toyota Abdul Latif Jameel Co "

OP is trolling you all.