Copy files from MicroSD without extracting the card itself

eXtremer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi all,

I don't know who to blame, maybe the 5.2.5 firmware but I cannot mount SMB. I receive "Failed to connect the test server". I've turned off the firewall, I've added rules to allow port 139 and 445 still no success. I need to extract the mtdblock6 from the MicroSD, unfortunately there is no way to physically extract the card itsef to read it's content. Is there another method to download the files from the camera directly ? I tried with WinSCP, it let's me see the files but I cannot download them. Need some help with this one.

Tolting Colt Acres

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
first thing I would do is completely disable windows firewall to see if that's what is causing the block.
also, invasive crap software like norton security can cause havoc

eXtremer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I disabled firewall and there is no other firewall software that may block connections to this PC.

Tolting Colt Acres

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So, when you go to the NAS page, add the IP, share, and username/password and click TEST, it fails?

on the server, what does net share show?

did you create the share with read/write permissions? Is the password for IPCAM user accurate? Did you attempt to connect to the share using another windows box using the ipcam username/password?

eXtremer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
In the first post you can see the error I get. Yes, the sharename is with write permission and NTFS too. Yes, the password is the same as the username ipcam/ipcam, unfortunately there is no other PC so I could do the testing. What does it mean "failed to connect the test server" ?

Tolting Colt Acres

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
it means it failed to connect to the server you are testing.

without another windows machine to test the smb connection to the windows box you're attempting to use as a server, there's not much more you can do. Debugging 101.

eXtremer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Finally I've managed to setup NAS on a another machine without a problem, so all went smooth.

eXtremer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well done!
So you got your camera fully updated?
Yep, the second one, that had a problem with resetting itself (loosing IP and rolling back to default password) after a few hours or days. I really hope the new firmware will fix this bug, after 12 hours everything is ok. Fingers crossed.
Thank you once again.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I really hope the new firmware will fix this bug, after 12 hours everything is ok. Fingers crossed.
Keep us updated.
But is this the 'hacking problem' where Hikvision cameras exposed to the internet are being messed (reset to defaults etc) with by the 'Hikvision backdoor' being exploited?
Do you have the camera 'port-forwarded' in your router?

eXtremer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Keep us updated.
But is this the 'hacking problem' where Hikvision cameras exposed to the internet are being messed (reset to defaults etc) with by the 'Hikvision backdoor' being exploited?
Do you have the camera 'port-forwarded' in your router?
You know what, this might be the problem. Yes, port 8000 is being port forwarded, usually I use some not specific numbers, but in this case I had to leave it by default (8000). I really had nightmares with this camera I thought I'll have to change it but with 5.4.5 on board I hope this will not be the case.