COONCAM

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
It will be going about 20 blocks away
All I got is 9mm and 556

Will 556 hollow point overpenetrate a coon?

So far, its not been to the food. The entrance is sealed to where it will be noticeable on camera if it leaves, and I trawled through the footage in the morning, and I never saw it leave
If you go with option 1: DO NOT bring it here. That's what city people do with all their pests and then they become our pests.

Option 2: A single 9mm hollow point in the kill zone and it's over quickly, which is the only way I take out any pest.

Reaction score
If you go with option 1: DO NOT bring it here. That's what city people do with all their pests and then they become our pests.

Option 2: A single 9mm hollow point in the kill zone and it's over quickly, which is the only way I take out any pest.
I might be mad when they would kill a few chickens, but that doesn’t mean I want to see it suffer. Once they find said chickens, you can’t convince them to not do it again

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Gamo break barrel Swarm model in .22 pellet

H&N 16gr Hornets - 25 yds, clean entry/jagged exit through both sides of a hefty ABS doghouse and deeply embedded into a 4x4 fence post 2ft behind that

Found the pics
IMG_1717.jpeg IMG_1718.jpeg IMG_1719.jpeg

Last edited:

Heavyopp

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I’m beginning to wonder if that trap is big enough.

a .177 or .22 cal pellet will dispatch that critter very humanely.
9mm if that’s all you have left after the boating accident...

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry guys, very anticlimactic end

I slide a made-for-purpose door down into slots on our exterior doggy door every night. Several years ago I did that but it was later than normal and didn't realize a 'coon was hiding under one of the wicker chairs or love seat. About midnight it began clawing its way out the bottom of the exterior door (lightweight like a screen door with aluminum frame), shredding the foam weatherstrip at the bottom.

Now I check with a flashlight under all 3 pcs. of seating furniture and 2 wicker tables to make sure there's no critter hiding before I drop it in!

Last edited:

wpiman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Man, you have the world's most useless cat. It just watched that raccoon stroll into your house....

If you catch in the cage, just submerge the cage in a river or tub.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Man, you have the world's most useless cat. It just watched that raccoon stroll into your house....

If you catch in the cage, just submerge the cage in a river or tub.
Could be the cat read or heard the stories of cats losing a eye to a skirmish with a 'coon....there's a few one-eyed dogs in these parts for that reason, I'm told. :confused:

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
Could be the cat read or heard the stories of cats losing a eye to a skirmish with a 'coon....there's a few one-eyed dogs in these parts for that reason, I'm told. :confused:
Pretty much, you don' want to get in a skirmish with a pissed off coon. They'll just kick your ass. When I used to coon hunt, a single coon could easily drown two 40 pound dogs. We would let the dogs run the coons and if it was near a pond, the coon would head straight for it. They would swim out to the middle and the dogs would follow. Once the coon led them out to the middle, it would quickly swim around to the back of the dog, climb up on the dogs back and then climb on its head. A soaking wet coon will weigh in upwards of 25 pounds. Dog goes under. We always had our rifle and spotlight ready at ponds, cause we knew exactly what that coon was going to do. We did a William Tell thing on the dogs head. Dog went under, we shot the coon off the dogs head.