Configure Wanscam to send photos

robbieboy

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello Everybody!
I'm new to the IP camera world and quite fascinated of what you can actually do.

So I got my first Wanscam set (3x HW0041, 1x HW0042 and 1x HW0038). They work great and I use the app (E-view7) to monitor them all.

My first question is if there is any way to configure (using E-vew7) to send snapshots to my e-mail account when motion is detected. I have typed all info in the app, but it doesn't seem to work. Does anybody know if I must do this on computer instead for it to work?

Question two is in general if anybody out there has any nice features they use (apps or alike) that they can share?
For me, the E-view7 app, is not anything fancy. It gives you the basic viewing option and controlling the cameras that are PTZ, but nothing more.
Any ideas on other apps / ways that provides more detail?

Cheers to you all and thanks in advance! :)

/Robert

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
TinyCam seems to be the Android app of choice and Blue Iris is the most common computer NVR software. I can't help you with your app but Blue Iris will send emails and snapshots on motion detection. You can set it to record when you get a bit of motion and send alerts when you get a LOT of motion. I do that with my door cams. I miss almost nothing because just about everything down to squirrels and chickadees are recorded with video and I get an email with three pictures 2 seconds apart whenever someone gets close to my front or back doors. Beats the heck out of searching sensitive motion events all day for the important stuff and if something happened away from my doors I can skim back through the videos if needed.

robbieboy

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey Kawboy!

Thanks!!!!
I really appreciate it. I will definitely look into Blue Iris!

I'm using a Mac and iPhone but I do hope there are solutions for this as well?

The motion events in E-view7 is not the best even though it's done by Wanscam. :/

Once again, superthanks!

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
You might be out of luck with my suggestions. Blue Iris is for Windows and TinyCam's iPhone version was still under development the last I heard. I use IP Cam Viewer on iStuff but TinyCam has some advantages including a much faster framerate and easy swapping from substream to mainstream viewing.

robbieboy

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok.. I guess I have to use wifes computer to set it up then. :)
But bottom line - in order to use the motion detection photo forwarding I need to do this from the computer, correct?
I can't seem to get the setup to work from my iPhone and E-view7.

Once again, thank you very much for all the help! :)

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Motion detection photo forwarding via email can be easily done via computer. I have no experience with your existing software so I'm just passing along how I do it. There might be a way to do it with your existing setup but I don't know it.

Lestlie

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, I know e-view7 APP. Setting motion detection alarm email with that APP is not a problem.
Or you can send an email to support@wanscam.com to get an example screenshot of motion detection settings, that's help.