Color4K-X Is A Low Light MONSTER! (Pics before and after)

jd415

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I just got a IPC-Color4K-X and its amazing at night especially for a 8 MP. A huge shout out to @wittaj for all your help and @EMPIRETECANDY for great customer service as always!

Here is my before and after. Keep in mind I have ZERO street lights and it was pitch dark outside. Old camera is an 8 MP with 1/1.8.

Attachments

Last edited:

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Shutter speed above was set to 1/3 to demonstrate how well it can work if you have a lot of white light, below is 1/60 and it still looks great with cars driving down the road.
Notice there' s a green cast. Looks like you might need a colour balance for times when there's no light unless you have supplementary lighting that kicks in on detection. I'm guessing a light nearby is emitting a litle light that's affecting the balance. I know fluroescent tends towards pink. Unsure what light source tends towards green.

Wiz_ard

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have this mounted at our warehouse - LOVE this camera, its a beast, its nearly pitch black back there that light in the distance looks 10x brighter than if you were standing there.

IVS boxes are trigger zones for the PTZ
1639532244559.png