CodeProject.AI Version 2.0

M4DM4NZ

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Bloody Spiders!!!!

Regarding false positives when using CPAI 2.0.8 with Object Detection (YOLOv5 .NET), I have a 85% min confidence filter for "person" and still the bloody spiders are triggering alerts.

is it worth using a custom model to get less false positives? or somehow adjusting the image scale of whats considered a person?

Like when the spiders right on the lens taking up 70% of the screen and its still getting triggered as a person, that an obvious flag to tell it cant be a person.

it works the other way to, bloody birds!!! their far to tiny to be a person, yet still getting triggered.

Any thoughts on what to do here?
1694739808454.png

See look at this shit! 90% person, this is crazy....

harleyl7

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Install is still broken on Codeproject's end. Picked a bad time to perform the reinstall lol

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
sounds good haha I appreciate the help. No idea what it could be. Could it be that I have game ready drivers using geforce experience? Willing to try a full windows reformat if neccessary.
I was tied up today, I will work on the new zip file for you to test tomorrow.

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
sounds good haha I appreciate the help. No idea what it could be. Could it be that I have game ready drivers using geforce experience? Willing to try a full windows reformat if neccessary.
@harleyl7
Below are the steps to manually install the ALPR module. this version downgraded PaddlePaddle
  1. Disable the ALPR module, do not uninstall the module or shutdown CodeProject.AI service
  2. Delete C:\Program Files\CodeProject\AI\modules\ALPR\bin folder
  3. Unzip the attached and replace all the files with the files in the zip file
  4. Open a Command Prompt with Administration rights
  5. Change to the ALPR folder cd C:\Program Files\CodeProject\AI\modules\ALPR
  6. Run ..\..\setup.bat
  7. After bat file finishes Enable the ALPR module
  8. Test the ALPR and hope it works.

Attachments

harleyl7

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@harleyl7
Below are the steps to manually install the ALPR module. this version downgraded PaddlePaddle
  1. Disable the ALPR module, do not uninstall the module or shutdown CodeProject.AI service
  6. Run ..\..\setup.bat
I would do this tonight, but I don't have any modules currently with the 403 big going on. Anyway you can package it all up lol .net and alpr? I guess plus the base?

Nunofya

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@harleyl7
  6. Run ..\..\setup.bat
Wow, when is this going to get simpler? Love everything BI and sticking with DS for now. Bought a second computer and another BI license just to experiment with CPAI, but man it's been a year and a half. Again, hope I don't offend anybody. Just not as computer literate as most here. Still want the same end result though.

harleyl7

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Wow, when is this going to get simpler? Love everything BI and sticking with DS for now. Bought a second computer and another BI license just to experiment with CPAI, but man it's been a year and a half. Again, hope I don't offend anybody. Just not as computer literate as most here. Still want the same end result though.
I think looking at the past two pages with me and Mike is more so him helping me troubleshoot an issue beyond the simple install. CPAI at the basic install is pretty much the same as DS. It's not perfect I'll admit, but the functionality is more robust. I'm just saying I wouldn't look at this and be adverse to CPAI, barring the current 403 issue that doesn't let us install CPAI modules haha.

spuls

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Has anyone had issues with their Coral USB Accelerator/ObjectDetection(Coral) stop working randomly? I got my Coral USB yesterday and got it installed and working last night with CPAI. Its slightly faster then using DirectML with my Intel 530. But then some time last night the ObjectDetection(Coral) stopped. I see this error below but this error is way after the module stop responding. I'm using 2.1.11-Beta.

07:04:09:eek:bjectdetection_coral_adapter.py: F driver/usb/usb_driver.cc:406] HandleEvent failed. USB transfer error 1 [LibUsbDataInCallback]
This is a quite common issue. The usb version is intended for developers, not for 24/7 operation. You can read about various sources of interference in relevant forums like homeassitent or frigate (usb power supply, interfering wlan/bt modules, bad cables,...) - maybe there is something simple for your case. But for continuous operation i would recommend that you use the m.2 version.

tantrim

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm looking into CPAI with blue iris. Is there a way to get a Dual Coral TPU working with it? I also saw some people mention they use frigate with a coral to trigger alerts for the blue iris installation. Anyone know anything about that?

Swampledge

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I transitioned to CPAI the same way- bought a 2nd, newer PC and a second license. Installation went pretty smoothly- but I’m just using CPU and not messing with GPUs, containers, etc.

teejnut

n3wb
Reaction score
This is a quite common issue. The usb version is intended for developers, not for 24/7 operation. You can read about various sources of interference in relevant forums like homeassitent or frigate (usb power supply, interfering wlan/bt modules, bad cables,...) - maybe there is something simple for your case. But for continuous operation i would recommend that you use the m.2 version.
Thanks for this insight... Guess I'll sell this USB version then.

Which Orange Pi is recommended for CPAI? What kind of processing times do people get with it? And how stable is it?

tantrim

n3wb
Reaction score

harleyl7

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@MikeLud1

got it working with gpu..
1694894683188.png
I had to build it from source and currently running it via cmd prompt and not a service haha - gonna try some other stuff while CPAI works on the problem on their end.

harleyl7

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I was able to get 2.1.11 working but without .NET.

Had to install CPAI with the 2.1.11 installer, then stop the service.
Download the source from GitHub and move the modules you want (Yolo & ALPR) from it into Program Files/Codeproject/AI/modules
Then open an admin cmd prompt navigate to the module you want to install. cd <directory of module> and do ..\..\setup.bat

Just got anyone else with the same issue and until they fix whatever is going on with their end. .NET still gives 403 error

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I was able to get 2.1.11 working but without .NET.

Had to install CPAI with the 2.1.11 installer, then stop the service.
Download the source from GitHub and move the modules you want (Yolo & ALPR) from it into Program Files/Codeproject/AI/modules
Then open an admin cmd prompt navigate to the module you want to install. cd <directory of module> and do ..\..\setup.bat

Just got anyone else with the same issue and until they fix whatever is going on with their end. .NET still gives 403 error
Great, Chris from CP.AI is still working on all the issues. Sometimes you have to take two steps back before going two steps forward

harleyl7

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Great, Chris from CP.AI is still working on all the issues. Sometimes you have to take two steps back before going two steps forward
Good to hear he's working on it. Yeah that happens. For all we know, I broke it when I was uninstalling/reinstalling over and over again while we were troubleshooting the other night lol

Amgclk65

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
hello,
I need some help on my install. I had 2.1.1 running fine. I broke the install my uninstalling and installing .Net and 6.2 and comparing the detection times. After that I figured I would start fresh. I uninstalled and deleted the left over files in Program files and Program data. Now I keep getting various error. I provided my log. Also noticed no assets folder with .pt files. Maybe that's my issue.

@MikeLud1

Attachments

harleyl7

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
hello,
I need some help on my install. I had 2.1.1 running fine. I broke the install my uninstalling and installing .Net and 6.2 and comparing the detection times. After that I figured I would start fresh. I uninstalled and deleted the left over files in Program files and Program data. Now I keep getting various error. I provided my log. Also noticed no assets folder with .pt files. Maybe that's my issue.

@MikeLud1
The CP.AI installer is broken right now even when updating modules. Give it a couple of hours and they will release the new 2.2 one that will fix this . Or if you're up for it there's more complicated ways to get it running now, but honestly not worth it.

Files should be getting pushed soon here: CodeProject.AI Server: AI the easy way.