CodeProject.AI Version 2.0

tedrpi

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Lta

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply.
I did select enable GPU but it returns to CPU.
This is the log window.

1677169937344.png

Village Guy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
OMG, when you wish you'd never messed with it when it was working :( lol

I've tried repairs, uninstalls (including deleting every reference I can find manually), wmi repair, and still every time I restart the PC I then have to spend 10 minutes stopping, starting, stopping, starting CPAI from BI itself and also from the CP Dashboard. I'm getting really fed up with it now so taking a break before throwing it out the window lol

on 2.0.8 and latest BI.

Anyone else with the same issue?
Keep the faith. I can't really offer you any constructive help aside from making sure that you have deleted the old program data and made a full un install followed by a full install. I was fighting for days to transition from V1.67 to to 2.07 without success. I did a full removal of V2.07, installed V2.08 and Viola.

truglo

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@Lta, I would try the following: uninstall cpai, delet the codeproject install directory, shutdown BI service, reboot, reinstall CPAI, set BI service to "delayed start", then restart BI service.

@MikeR33, do you have windows services configured so the BI service has a "delayed startup"? I battled with similar problems for a while until I did that. Since switching BI to delayed startup, I've done a few BI updates, CPAI from 2.0.7 to 2.0.8, and numerous reboots... without any Ai issues (including ALPR). Note, I had to reconfigure delayed startup after updating BI... it resets default after upgrading. Not sure if they'll fix the underlying problem, or change the default startup behavior, but either way... would be nice to no longer have to worry about this.

MikeR33

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@Lta, I would try the following: uninstall cpai, delet the codeproject install directory, shutdown BI service, reboot, reinstall CPAI, set BI service to "delayed start", then restart BI service.

@MikeR33, do you have windows services configured so the BI service has a "delayed startup"? I battled with similar problems for a while until I did that. Since switching BI to delayed startup, I've done a few BI updates, CPAI from 2.0.7 to 2.0.8, and numerous reboots... without any Ai issues (including ALPR). Note, I had to reconfigure delayed startup after updating BI... it resets default after upgrading. Not sure if they'll fix the underlying problem, or change the default startup behavior, but either way... would be nice to no longer have to worry about this.
Thanks for the idea, i'll give that a try at the next reboot. Fortunately it's stable once finally working.

MikeR33

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Keep the faith. I can't really offer you any constructive help aside from making sure that you have deleted the old program data and made a full un install followed by a full install. I was fighting for days to transition from V1.67 to to 2.07 without success. I did a full removal of V2.07, installed V2.08 and Viola.
Thanks for the idea, yes that what I tried to do, full uninstall, delete all remaining folders, full reinstall. I had already moved from 1.6 to 2.0.6 and it just worked fine, should have left it alone lol

hapstabu

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

FYI, for anyone who hasn't found this yet, Windows will not start services set to delayed start until all services set to automatic start first.
I tried this, and I waited a long long time, and finally set both services back to automatic.
It turned out that I sorted the service list by startup type, and found that on my machine there was a security chip service (Intel TPM Provisioning Service) that never started since I don't use TPM.
Disabled that service and everything now starts as expected.

dan1234561

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all - the ALPR is quite slow, because it's CPU only. Anyone know if there are plans to release a GPU/CUDA version?

rbc1225

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi all - the ALPR is quite slow, because it's CPU only. Anyone know if there are plans to release a GPU/CUDA version?
I could be wrong because I can’t even get mine to work on the CPU but if I am not mistaken the version that when it loads it automatically looks to see if you have a compatible GPU. If you don’t, it loads the CPU version.

dan1234561

n3wb
Reaction score
I could be wrong because I can’t even get mine to work on the CPU but if I am not mistaken the version that when it loads it automatically looks to see if you have a compatible GPU. If you don’t, it loads the CPU version.
Weird - the object detection works just fine on the GPU… wonder why ALPR is different?

dan1234561

n3wb
Reaction score

M4DM4NZ

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
1677539568439.png
Bloody birds still keep getting detected as a "person", I've tried using the "ipcam-generals" models, still false positives. Tried disabling custom models and just using the standard
YOLO 6.2, but still getting bird people. any ideas guys? i dont really want to increase the min confidence above 60%.

1677540087469.png

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@M4DM4NZ Why are you hesitant to increase minimum confidence? 60% is still on the low side IMHO.

If your goal is to reduce or eliminate false positives, then increase the minimum confidence. (In parallel, you can try other models since they were trained with different image sets.)

BTW, alternative config, you can just increase the min confidence for just person and leave the other objects at default like this...

person:80,car,truck,bicycle

Last edited:

M4DM4NZ

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@M4DM4NZ Why are you hesitant to increase minimum confidence? 60% is still on the low side IMHO.

If your goal is to reduce or elimnate false positives, then increase the minimum confidence.

BTW, alternative config, you can just increase the min confidence for just person and leave the other objects at default like this...

person:80,car,truck,bicycle
Thanks for the tip Actran, yeah i wanted low confidence because further in the background of the image people can sometimes jump the fence and appear small on the screen in the distance.

but i'll give your ratio trick a try...

Thanks

MikeR33

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the idea, yes that what I tried to do, full uninstall, delete all remaining folders, full reinstall. I had already moved from 1.6 to 2.0.6 and it just worked fine, should have left it alone lol
Thanks truglo for the tip on the delayed service start, it's all working ok now on a reboot. Maybe there should be a change to the BI service when AI is enabled to add the service dependency to the BI service so it can then be a normal auto start but won't do that until the AI is up first rather than use delayed start and risk a no start should a random other auto service fail to function which is nothing to do with BI\AI.