CodeProject.AI Version 2.0

BTRKY

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Still getting "AI error 200", especially on cancelled or alerts AI fails to identify. I have not been able to find much on this error. I have not had the starting errors. AI 2.0.2 and BI 5.6.9.6

AlphaBlueIris

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Mike, I need your help please. I have been installing and un installing codeproject many times and upgrading and downgrating blueiris , for some reason I can not get it to work. I get 100% of ai timeout and or not responding. It show that I have a GPU, no high CPU. Currently, installed codeproject 2.4, 2.6 2.7. At one point, I was able to get the custom like delivery and everything else including the plate. Interesting enough , if I run the jpg in codeproject it shows the dayplate but not the plate number (could it be because is electric?) anyway so I can test it tonight, any suggestion on a release of both codeproject and blueiris that I'm sure I get something from ai? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

rbc1225

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Mike, I need your help please. I have been installing and un installing codeproject many times and upgrading and downgrating blueiris , for some reason I can not get it to work. I get 100% of ai timeout and or not responding. It show that I have a GPU, no high CPU. Currently, installed codeproject 2.4, 2.6 2.7. At one point, I was able to get the custom like delivery and everything else including the plate. Interesting enough , if I run the jpg in codeproject it shows the dayplate but not the plate number (could it be because is electric?) anyway so I can test it tonight, any suggestion on a release of both codeproject and blueiris that I'm sure I get something from ai? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

That's the exact problem I am having. Go look here, open the install log and see if the installation of the ALPR timed out. I am currently just trying to get it to work in the explorer.

1675180182869.png

AlphaBlueIris

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That's the exact problem I am having. Go look here, open the install log and see if the installation of the ALPR timed out. I am currently just trying to get it to work in the explorer.

View attachment 152593
I'm not on the machine right now but I do see an error on the alpr. Hopefully we will find a solution. I had it so close to be perfect

Reaction score
This is not related to ALPR but I'm wondering if CPAI can be trained top detect cat, dog and bicycles. It is detecting vehicles and person quite well. Do I simply add only to confirm: cat,dog,bicycle until it reliably detects these? Will it keep detecting vehicles and persons? Please advise?

rbc1225

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm not on the machine right now but I do see an error on the alpr. Hopefully we will find a solution. I had it so close to be perfect

Were you able to get yours working? I have been over on the CodeProject group and tried everything they said. I finally have given up on this one. I may try again once they put out a new version or two unless you have any suggestions.

AlphaBlueIris

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Were you able to get yours working? I have been over on the CodeProject group and tried everything they said. I finally have given up on this one. I may try again once they put out a new version or two unless you have any suggestions.
I was going to reply just now. I decided to go with the latest working bu and codeproject 1.6.4, it works great. The only minor issue if you do that is that you may get error 404, remove the custom pt and you should be fine, I was concern that was related to my computer. I will wait until things get ironed out with codeproject before I install the latest. Please keep me posted as well if you make any progress.

rbc1225

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I was going to reply just now. I decided to go with the latest working bu and codeproject 1.6.4, it works great. The only minor issue if you do that is that you may get error 404, remove the custom pt and you should be fine, I was concern that was related to my computer. I will wait until things get ironed out with codeproject before I install the latest. Please keep me posted as well if you make any progress.

Maybe a dumb question, but where can I find 1.6.4?

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
I know many of you having problems installing CPAI probably won't like this solution BUT, given the time many of you have installed and uninstall time after time with no luck, I recommend a fresh install of the OS and I would almost guarantee it will go on perfect then. If it doesn't you more than likely have hardware issues. Then once you get your Windows configured and BI installed, make an image as well.

rbc1225

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I know many of you having problems installing CPAI probably won't like this solution BUT, given the time many of you have installed and uninstall time after time with no luck, I recommend a fresh install of the OS and I would almost guarantee it will go on perfect then. If it doesn't you more than likely have hardware issues. Then once you get your Windows configured and BI installed, make an image as well.
I had another machine with a fresh installation of Windows and it still did not work well. I will wait.

rbc1225

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Great question, I happen to have it downloaded in my drive. I think I took it from codeproject web site.

Yeah, it has the files but not the installer. If you try to follow the instructions on their website, things have changed so it doesn’t do anything.

gwithers

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If anyone is struggling with getting things to work with CPAI installation or configuration, by far the easiest way to deploy CPAI that I have found is via the docker container. There is nearly zero configuration (outside of how you launch the container itself) and you can easily upgrade/downgrade versions in a couple minutes with just a few commands. Those not familiar with using containers may find the concept difficult to follow, more so then the concept of a VM (virtual machine). In my case, I have a VM running Ubuntu (Linux), and run the CPAI container with docker in the VM (even with CUDA GPU acceleration but that takes more work installing CUDA in Linux). The setup in BI is just to point to the IP and port of the container. There are countless how-to articles and videos out there on deploying VMs, Docker containers, etc. and while it might take a bit of time to get it running for the first time, it is super easy after that. You might even consider running a free bare metal hypervisor like Proxmox and then have a Windows VM for BI and a Linux VM running the CPAI docker container all on the same computer. That is my setup for 15, 2K cameras and it has worked seamlessly for all versions of BI and CPAI that I have tried thus far. It is nice to have the CPAI folks configure everything for you (via the container) and you just download it and run it. I do not use any LPR functionality, so I cannot comment on the workings of that bit however.

Last edited:

rbc1225

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Think I will stick with OpenALPR until they get the issues worked out here. Not wanting to learn a whole new system so to speak.
1675270165395.png

rbc1225

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yall have definitely scared me away from moving on from 1.6 after reading through all these nightmares!
If I could somehow come up with an installer for 1.6 or 1.64 I would try it just to confirm it works on my system that I have had so many issues with the newer versions on.

AlphaBlueIris

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If I could somehow come up with an installer for 1.6 or 1.64 I would try it just to confirm it works on my system that I have had so many issues with the newer versions on.
Not sure if I can attach that file but I will try it tonight , I may need to rename it txt to go thru the forum. I have added it to my calendar so I don't forget. FYI, EST time here, expect it around 6 pm.

rbc1225

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not sure if I can attach that file but I will try it tonight , I may need to rename it txt to go thru the forum. I have added it to my calendar so I don't forget. FYI, EST time here, expect it around 6 pm.

That would be awesome. Not sur e if it would go through email but we could try that too. I will look for it later. Heading to have a beer with my retirement buddies.