Christmas Sales 2021

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
+1 on an updated refurbished list.
Edit: O.K. now I see that the first post does in fact contain the updated list, my bad.

Also, have the 6mm lens versions of the IPC-T5442TM-AS become impossible to find? They seem to have dissappeared since shortly into the Black Friday sale.

One more question: what is the full story on the firmware on these 5442 series (as well as the ZE variants) as far as choosing between a working Smart IR and proper AI/IVS/Tripwire functionality? I see a lot a references to more recent firmware versions that seem to fix the Smart IR, but to the detriment of the other functions. It seems odd that we can't have both....
Edit: O.K., I finally found the appropriate massive thread (SMD 3.0 dahua) that covers it thoroughly. Just finished reading the whole thing though, and am still left slightly confused: can we have both a fast acting and accurate SMD 3.0 and working SmartIR together on the latest firmware for the 5442 series? Or are there still situations that favor the late 2020 releases?
The 6mm stock is back to Amazon link, and can buy now.

Zook

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Does he offer an employee discount? Asking for a friend.
Yeah, I don't even know how much I've spent with Andy over the past month. I've bought 9 (four PTZs), 2 NVRs, and junction boxes to boot, after installing my unused cams from him at my brother's a couple weeks back. I ordered 2 ZE's from him yesterday and got them today. Andy is fast fast fast, and supports everything he sells you. He is the only vendor I buy from and recommend to others.

CORRECTION: Make that 10 cams...forgot about the color4K. :lmao:

Last edited:

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
Andy is the best. I have ordered 3 PTZ cameras from him in the past month. Prices were excellent, transactions were painless and shipping was fast. What more could you want?.....except maybe more cameras? Now I am going to have to buy a bigger POE+ switch to handle all my cameras. I only have 1 port left open.....

bradner

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@EMPIRETECANDY Can I confirm this is a dual lens turret varifocal IPC-T5449H-ASE-D2 listed in you Christmas list? I didn't think the dual lens came in varifocal currently...

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
For any of you struggling to choose between the dual lens camera and another model, Andy added this really helpful note in the ali express store:

Remember that the 2 lenses have to converge so higher and further away leads to loss of detail due to the fringing of the spliced images.
Therefore to retain quality of target details go in the middle (7 - 7.5ft high) and with distance to target around 6.5ft - 10ft from camera.

In my application I'm going for longer distances, so I got the IPC-color-4X instead.

Zook

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@EMPIRETECANDY Can I confirm this is a dual lens turret varifocal IPC-T5449H-ASE-D2 listed in you Christmas list? I didn't think the dual lens came in varifocal currently...
I believe this is the cam you're wanting.