Chinese Hikvision DS-2CD2132-I Latest English Firmware

electro

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If the camera is running the Chinese firmware you will need to use the brickfixV2CN version.
The tftp updater works best when both there camera and PC are wired to a switch or router and powered with 12v.
As i said I have directlly connected cam and additional psu for cam. renamed brickfixcn file to digicap.dav file. Manually assigned ip address to pc 192.0.0.128 and can ping 192.0.0.64 running tftpserv.exe and only see this massage: tftp server 192.0.0.128 initialized. after this nothing happening. also allowed to forewall as shown in video. any idea?

electro

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Used another computer and same problem. hikviosn tftp server Not connecting to Cam. only see this massage: tftp server 192.0.0.128 initialized . As i said I can ping and also enter to cam via web browser during this time but can't connect using hikvsion tftp server

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The computer and camera are directly connected? The tftp server can be unreliable like that.
Try power cycling the camera a few times, sometimes the tftp server needs multiple tries.
Also try the web GUI firmware update.

electro

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The computer and camera are directly connected? The tftp server can be unreliable like that.
Try power cycling the camera a few times, sometimes the tftp server needs multiple tries.
Also try the web GUI firmware update.
exactly !

power cycled cam and started tftp. Everything did what I learned here and works perfect. Asked to activate cam with strong pass. thank u so much!! Now I have Eng (international) firmware. New fresh design. Here is screenshot:

Firmware version is 5.4.5 and Web version is 4.0.1. This is latest Web version? if not how update it?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Perfect! Well done for getting there.
The web version is fine, it goes with the 5.4.5 firmware version.

electro

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Perfect! Well done for getting there.
The web version is fine, it goes with the 5.4.5 firmware version.
OK so leaving now as is.

If hikvision will release for example 5.5 or 5.4.6 version can I upgrade cam directly from menu > configuration > maintenance and upgrade from file? Or I should do if from telnet again what I done several minutes ago to avoid brick cam?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
If hikvision will release for example 5.5 or 5.4.6 version can I upgrade cam directly from menu > configuration > maintenance and upgrade from file?
If they did, you could (the camera is now EN not CN) but they won't as that series has been end-of-life for a while now. No more firmware beyond 5.4.41
But at least you've closed off the 'Hikvision backdoor'.

Or I should do if from telnet again
telnet was removed from the firmware quite some time ago.

electro

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If they did, you could (the camera is now EN not CN) but they won't as that series has been end-of-life for a while now. No more firmware beyond 5.4.41
But at least you've closed off the 'Hikvision backdoor'.

telnet was removed from the firmware quite some time ago.
Aha if no update nothing can to do :D. Thank you again for your support and fast answers