Chinese Hikvision DS-2CD2132-I Latest English Firmware

electro

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi all

Thanks for great community. I have one question about Hikvision DS-2CD2132-I. I think this is Chinese version because of Firmware is 5.1 and there is Chinese weekdays nn screen. So which latest version can I install to this cam to keep English interface.?

If there is newer version what procedures i can use to upgrade safe way and also don't miss nothing. Thanks

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
So which latest version can I install to this cam to keep English interface.?
If this is a Chinese camera (usually shown by having CCCH in the serial number) then installing EN/ML firmware will stop the camera working.

If there is newer version what procedures i can use to upgrade safe way and also don't miss nothing.
It should be possible to convert the camera from CN to EN and update to the latest firmware by following this method :
Unbrick and fully upgrade your R0 / DS-2CD2x32 IP cameras -
R0 / DS-2CD2x32 BrickfixV2 brick recovery and full upgrade tool - enhanced.

electro

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If this is a Chinese camera (usually shown by having CCCH in the serial number) then installing EN/ML firmware will stop the camera working.

I'll check if and btw how Chinese hikvision cams made? it's original but for china market only and than making custom ENG firmwares or making this cams in the backyard? :D

It should be possible to convert the camera from CN to EN and update to the latest firmware by following this method :
Unbrick and fully upgrade your R0 / DS-2CD2x32 IP cameras -
R0 / DS-2CD2x32 BrickfixV2 brick recovery and full upgrade tool - enhanced.
After this procedure (convert the camera from CN to EN) I can use original hikvison firmware upgrades without issue or any time must do this?

electro

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'll check and btw how Chinese hikvision cams made? it's original but for china market only and than making custom ENG firmwares or making this cams in the backyard?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
After this procedure (convert the camera from CN to EN) I can use original hikvison firmware upgrades without issue or any time must do this?
Yes, the camera becomes EN instead of CN.

I'll check and btw how Chinese hikvision cams made? it's original but for china market only and than making custom ENG firmwares or making this cams in the backyard?
It's mostly just the contents of the indivdual 'hardware fingerprint data' that's written into the flash memory during manufacturing.

electro

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
People have found that in Stage 3 the 5.4.5 firmware works OK.
Then after that, a web GUI update to the 5.4.41 latest version.
All my cams are in working condition so anyway I need to complete all steps which i read in this post or discard some?

electro

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Bricked or not, you should follow the whole process.
Thanks I'll try. And will this firmware 5.4.5_170401 fit to my model (DS-2CD2132-I)? link:

I am asking this because of I can't find this model in this list left side.

electro

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes, that firmware is fine.
But just be sure that you know the devType. That's important.

BusyBox v1.19.3 (2013-11-01 10:10:26 CST) built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

# prtHardInfo
Start at 2020-07-25 01:04:29
Serial NO :DS-2CD2132-I20140626CCCH470991988
V5.1.0 build 131202
hardwareVersion = 0x0
hardWareExtVersion = 0x0
encodeChans = 1
decodeChans = 1
alarmInNums = 0
alarmOutNums = 0
ataCtrlNums = 0
flashChipNums = 0
ramSize = 0x4000000
networksNums = 1
language = 2
devType = 38918
SD status = -1 (0:noraml;none-0:timeout)

Here is prtHardInfo. devType is: 38918

It's ok to use this firmware to change CN to EN: R0 series DS-2CD2x32x-Ixx IP camera firmware

electro

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes, the 5.4.5 version, but only in Stage 3 of the process.
Ok but Don't understand what you mean only in stage 3. Looking video and you renaming 5.4.5 firmware file to digicap.dav file before stage 1 on 3:50 minute. All commands are same (stage1,2,3) /dav/fixup.sh so don't understand this thing

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The very first firmware file is the brickfixV2 file that's used in Stage 1, that's what is renamed, not the 5.4.5 firmware.
The fixup.sh script remembers which stage has been reached for the next time it's executed.

electro

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The very first firmware file is the brickfixV2 file that's used in Stage 1, that's what is renamed, not the 5.4.5 firmware.
The fixup.sh script remembers which stage has been reached for the next time it's executed.
Aha all clear now. And what is password for root?

electro

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks and before starting to convert cn to en i have one question. My cam is not briked it is normally functional but interface is chinese. So i can start convertation procedure after camera is on and directly connected with cable to pc or I should enter camera recovery mode or something else to hikvision tftp server start upload brickfixv2en.dav (renemed to digicap.dav)?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
If the camera is running the Chinese firmware you will need to use the brickfixV2CN version.
The tftp updater works best when both there camera and PC are wired to a switch or router and powered with 12v.