Chinese cameras connect to english NVR

eXtremer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have one question, will I be able to connect my Hikvision cameras DS-2CD2032F-I (Multilanguage firmware) to NVR DS-7616NI-e1 (english firmware) without having problems with region code (language missmatch)?
Smb did it ?

Thank you in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
@Del Boy has hit the spot, based on the lack of info in the question.
However - some questions that may help provide an answer:
What are the serial numbers of the DS-2CD2032F-I cameras, specifically do they have CCCH or CCWR embedded in them, and what firmware version is on the labels and the web GUI?
What is the firmware version of the NVR?

Smb did it ?
Sorry - I don't understand.

Last edited by a moderator:

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
FML - Why, Why are there so many of them coming out of the walls today?!?!?!?!?! Almost all the new OP's make we want to scream!

If you are NOT comfortable with gray market cameras or language hacks just buy US based hardware - there are a number of private label OEM HIK distributors and suppliers stateside that sell for damn near the same cost as what your buying from china. And for the love of gawd please don't ask me where you can find them

eXtremer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@Del Boy has hit the spot, based on the lack of info in the question.
However - some questions that may help provide an answer:
What are the serial numbers of the DS-2CD2032F-I cameras, specifically do they have CCCH or CCWR embedded in them, and what firmware version is on the labels and the web GUI?
What is the firmware version of the NVR?
Thank you for your quick answer alastairstevenson.

For the NVR at the moment I don't have any info, I have to buy it first but at the same time I need to know if it is compatible before making an order.
Now about the cameras I have them so here is some info...

DS-2CD2032F-I
Version: V5.2.5 build 14120
Serial No: DS-2CD2032F-I20150623CCCH526027834

Thank you.

Sorry - I don't understand.
I meant if someone connected the cameras to the NVR like in my case.

eXtremer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
FML - Why, Why are there so many of them coming out of the walls today?!?!?!?!?! Almost all the new OP's make we want to scream!

If you are NOT comfortable with gray market cameras or language hacks just buy US based hardware - there are a number of private label OEM HIK distributors and suppliers stateside that sell for damn near the same cost as what your buying from china. And for the love of gawd please don't ask me where you can find them
First of all I'm not from USA so I don't have hundreds on suppliers that I can choose from. I bought the cameras also had ordered a chinese NVR but somehow the NVR never arrived. Because now I'm out of time and cannot wait anymore I want to buy a NVR from a local supplier and I'm having doubts that the cameras will work with International version NVR. That's why I'm asking, you shouldn't get mad anyway. Thank you for your patience.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
These are CN region cameras - but without comparing the firmware version shown on the label with that on the web GUI you can't be sure if they are running 'hacked to English' firmware which makes them appear as EN region.
Until you over-write the firmware with an update.
The definitive way to tell is to peek at the mtd5 / 6 data assuming full access is still available via SSH.
Check out this thread for details of what to look for - but not to do: https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/3474-Hikvision-5-2-5-amp-5-2-8-Full-English-(INC-DAYS-OF-WEEK)-mtd-Hack

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
DS-2CD2032F-I are usually Chinese and these will most likely be 5.2.5 which means they will most probably work with an NI-Ex NVR with the following firmwares: 3.0.8, 3.0.10, 3.3.2, 3.3.4, +maybe more. BTW DS-7616N1-E1 isn't a model that is made.

eXtremer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
These are CN region cameras - but without comparing the firmware version shown on the label with that on the web GUI you can't be sure if they are running 'hacked to English' firmware which makes them appear as EN region.
Until you over-write the firmware with an update.
The definitive way to tell is to peek at the mtd5 / 6 data assuming full access is still available via SSH.
Check out this thread for details of what to look for - but not to do: https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/3474-Hikvision-5-2-5-amp-5-2-8-Full-English-(INC-DAYS-OF-WEEK)-mtd-Hack
Thank you. Tomorrow I will take a more detailed look at the firmware and get back with a feedback.

eXtremer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
DS-2CD2032F-I are usually Chinese and these will most likely be 5.2.5 which means they will most probably work with an NI-Ex NVR with the following firmwares: 3.0.8, 3.0.10, 3.3.2, 3.3.4, +maybe more. BTW DS-7616N1-E1 isn't a model that is made.
Thank you.

Another thing I could do, but the seller would not be very happy is to buy the NVR, test it and if it doesn't work just return it back.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thank you.

Another thing I could do, but the seller would not be very happy is to buy the NVR, test it and if it doesn't work just return it back.
You could but then you wouldn't be a very nice person. I personally wouldn't do this.

You could just get a Chinese model NVR with multilingual firmware?

eXtremer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You could but then you wouldn't be a very nice person. I personally wouldn't do this.

You could just get a Chinese model NVR with multilingual firmware?
That's why I've started this topic, to find out if it is compatible before buying it.
You aren't reading my posts entirely...

also had ordered a chinese NVR but somehow the NVR never arrived. Because now I'm out of time and cannot wait anymore I want to buy a NVR from a local supplier

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yeah I was too busy trying to help than read a big block of text, sorry :)

Well, if you are "out of time" then it seems you have no choice and this thread was pretty irrelevant as you will find out sooner or later.