CCTV for human/vehicle detection and alert

rjose

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello All,

We want to install 8 cameras with human/vehicle detection and line crossing. We are looking at AcuSense solution for this.

What I understand is, AcuSense can be either supported in camera or in NVR, but AcuSense in camera works better.

So we were thinking of using 4-5 AcuSense camera and remaining normal ip-camera.

Is DS-7608NI-K1 a good option for this? From the manual I read that "Human/Vehicle detection is supported in 4 channels". What I am not clear is, does it work on any ip-camera or does it required AcuSense cameras?

Which NVR is suited for this?

Thanks

triumph202

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Get the cameras that support AcuSense. IIRC there are very limited AcuSense capabilities on the NVR's that support it- like it's only a low number of cameras running at low resolutions.

I'm running four Acusense cameras on a 7608NI-I2/8P. They sure beat all the false alerts I was previously getting. The main issue I've got is bandwidth issues with the 4k cameras- the 8ch NVR is limited to an average of 10Gb/s per channel. I'm not sure if the 16 ch NVR with only half the channels used would mean you could use an average 20Gb/s on each channel?

There is a 7808 NVR rated at 20Gb/s per channel, but info and retailers are hard to find.

rjose

n3wb
Reaction score
Get the cameras that support AcuSense. IIRC there are very limited AcuSense capabilities on the NVR's that support it- like it's only a low number of cameras running at low resolutions.

I'm running four Acusense cameras on a 7608NI-I2/8P. They sure beat all the false alerts I was previously getting. The main issue I've got is bandwidth issues with the 4k cameras- the 8ch NVR is limited to an average of 10Gb/s per channel. I'm not sure if the 16 ch NVR with only half the channels used would mean you could use an average 20Gb/s on each channel?

There is a 7808 NVR rated at 20Gb/s per channel, but info and retailers are hard to find.
Thank you. I was thinking that the band width limit is on overall NVR. May be there is per channel limit too. Good point. Let me check that.

I plan to use 2MP resolution cameras. If you are running four * 4K AcuSense camera on 7608NI-I2 (may be with some instability), it should be good for 4-5 AcuSense cameras with 2MP? What you think?