Capture Snapshot Live View from Browser doesn't create folder or file

proxybox

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
On my DS-7608NI-E2/8P running V3.1.0 build 150511, I can't seem to access the images from capture from Live View via Internet Explorer 11. In configuration, local configuration it shows the folders where the capture is to be saved as: C:\Users\*********\USSCWeb\CaptureFiles.

See Pic

However, when I use Explorer to search for the file on my pc, the folder cannot be found. The interesting thing is when I browse for the folder in the browser it shows up.

See Pic

How can I access the folder from my pc?

Attachments

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
On my DS-7608NI-E2/8P running V3.1.0 build 150511, I can't seem to access the images from capture from Live View via Internet Explorer 11. In configuration, local configuration it shows the folders where the capture is to be saved as: C:\Users\*********\USSCWeb\CaptureFiles.

See Pic

However, when I use Explorer to search for the file on my pc, the folder cannot be found. The interesting thing is when I browse for the folder in the browser it shows up.

See Pic

How can I access the folder from my pc?
I had this issue in the past - it didn't have anything to do with with IE running in Protected mode for me. Even after adding the NVR to the allowed/accepted list it still never created/saved the files where it said it was saving them. Mind you when playing back video and clicking the snap shot feature - it showed the file location it was storing it, but no files were there.

Simply jumped over and used Firefox instead. No changes, plugin changes, ip changes, nothing, just switched to firefox and boom - everything worked as intended. Playback snapshots saved directly to the specified folders, downloads showed up in the specified folders, etc.

While this prob. isn't the "solution" you're looking for simply changing browsers might be a quicker fix for the time being or at least worth a try.

milkisbad

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Try to Set your Windows UAC (User Account Control Setting) setting to Never instead of the Default setting.

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
This is where IE11 / Win7 puts my NVR/camera files:
"I:\Users\Alastair\Local Settings\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Virtualized\I\Users\Alastair\Web"
It's not the only 'virtualised' location - any software that writes data to %Program Files% will have it translated to a virtualised location by default, care of UAC.
Try to Set your Windows UAC (User Account Control Setting) setting to Never instead of the Default setting.
With respect - that's a bad idea, sledgehammer to crack a nut, disabling an important security measure.

proxybox

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This is where IE11 / Win7 puts my NVR/camera files:
"I:\Users\Alastair\Local Settings\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Virtualized\I\Users\Alastair\Web"
It's not the only 'virtualised' location - any software that writes data to %Program Files% will have it translated to a virtualised location by default, care of UAC.

With respect - that's a bad idea, sledgehammer to crack a nut, disabling an important security measure.
Thank alastairstevenson. I found the files in the prescribed path after 'fixing' a few permission/ownership issues on the 'Local Settings' folder in Windows 7. I added my NVR IP address to the trusted sites in Security of IE and now all works and the file saves to the USSCWeb folder under my user name. The only thing I had to do was to uncheck the allow only HTTPS sites option in Security since my firmware doesn't have HTTPS option.

Last edited by a moderator: