Can't upgrade Annke I61R? (no file browser dialog)

strathglass

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have v5.3.5 in an Annke I61R camera and was going to upgrade per V.F. post (here).
However on the Annke camera's web page, on the config tab, under the maintenance section:
when I click on the "Browse" button to load the digicap.dav file, well...
nothing happens! :(
I get no file dialog.

Tried this with Chrome and IE11 on my Blue Iris PC, and on another machine (MAC) on the same network.

What am I doing wrong?

Reaction score
Windows 10 and IE 11 'sandbox' browser downloads/uploads into a hidden directory. You have to search your disk drive to find the current location, and drop the firmware files in that hidden directory in order to see them in the camera's web GUI

strathglass

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
No Go:
On my Windows 10 Blue Iris PC I've tried to "browse" to a s/w file with no response in all 3 installed browsers:
-Edge
-Chrome
-Firefox
This includes trying also to download and run/install (with the browser closed as requested) the WebComponents add-on offered on the Annke Configuration page (Maintenance section)...this made no difference.
I tried also saving the desired digicap.dav file in the directory used by the browsers for downloaded files (%HOMEPATH%\Downloads), as well as the original ZIP file...again - no difference.

Nothing allows the "Browse" button to work so that I can execute a software upload.

Any other ideas? Surely if others are able to upgrade the Annke I61R from v5.3.5 I should be able to get this to work!

strathglass

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Wait ... didn't realize Internet Explorer is still installed on my new Win10 PC!
Tried that and it let me run and enable the add-on and the Browse button now works!!
Thnx!
(Still had an issue with path too long when picking digicap.dav...but it worked (so far) when I picked Firware Directory instead of Firmware, and then browsed to and selected Downloads folder where I had the desired digicap.dav file saved.)