Can't open device config in SmartPSS with some Dahua devices

uliaoth

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all! I'm getting the following error when trying to manage some Dahua NVR devices in SmartPSS under the "Device CFG" option. I can perfectly connect and view to all my IP Cameras through the Live View and Playback sections, but when I try to enter or change any parameter under "Device CFG", the following error appears and the program crashes.

1712360734673.png

This occurs in some NVR devices but not with all of them. I manage 9 different devices, some of them are different models, all are in different geographical locations, and some of them under different ISPs. And this is happening in 5 of them that have not any common details (as far as I know). I've tried multiple solutions, including forwarding and triggering the 37777 and 37778 ports, configuring the IP as a DMZ to figure out if it was a port problem; even accessing with different computers in different locations with different SmartPSS versions. But I can't tell what's the problem actually. The only way to me for configure those failing devices is from the local networks, using AnyDesk to connect to an always powered on computer.

Have you ever encountered this error or could you give me some advise on how to fix this error?

Thank you all in advance!

uliaoth

n3wb
Reaction score
Never seen that

Are you getting it immediately upon clicking Device Config? or a specific function after that?

Of course I dont recommend using SmartPSS for any config functions but hats just me
Almost immediately or after a few seconds of trying to enter any config or after clicking the "Link to WEB" button.

I struggled with this issue for about half a year and I found this forum and tried to find any solution here... :(

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
There have been buggy versions of SmartPSS. Did you install/using the PC-NVR module? It sucks, maybe has something to do with that?

I'm afraid the code is beyond my knowkledge

uliaoth

n3wb
Reaction score
Okay I tried again to reinstall SmartPSS, this time the v2.003.0000002.0 and I didn't install the PC-NVR module and, now it worked!

Although I don't think it had anything to do about PC-NVR itself, but the SmartPSS version. I have tried multiple versions until now but this one has to be the one I didn't see.

I seeked into the NVR properties and all failing devices were handling > 4.001 firmware version. So I can assume older versions of SmartPSS can't access device configuration for NVR devices with 4.002 or above firmware version.