Can't get TinyCam Monitor to view cams on Hik/LTS NVR

horseflesh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have put in my IP, login, etc but TinyCam won't log in and retrieve a list of cameras on the NVR. This is all on the LAN btw, and the LTS app works fine.

My NVR is the LTN8916-P16. Maybe it's just not supported?

I can't get RTSP streams to work either. My NVR presents the cameras to the LAN via a port number like 192.168.1.15:65001 but putting 65001 into TinyCam as either web or rtsp port doesn't work. (I am also entering login name/pw too of course.)

What am I doing wrong? I found a lot of similar threads here but they all petered out before solutions were posted.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The stream URL will require telling TinyCam which channel of the NVR, too.

Have you tried adding one of the RTSP streams listed on Page 23 hereto TinyCam Monitor as outlined in step # 6 here ?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have put in my IP, login, etc but TinyCam won't log in and retrieve a list of cameras on the NVR. This is all on the LAN btw, and the LTS app works fine.

My NVR is the LTN8916-P16. Maybe it's just not supported?

I can't get RTSP streams to work either. My NVR presents the cameras to the LAN via a port number like 192.168.1.15:65001 but putting 65001 into TinyCam as either web or rtsp port doesn't work. (I am also entering login name/pw too of course.)

What am I doing wrong? I found a lot of similar threads here but they all petered out before solutions were posted.
tinycam wont retrieve a list of cameras...you will need to pull the streams from the nvr..you need to specifiy the channel numbers as tonyr noted...the tiny cam developer @alexvas is a member here.

horseflesh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have you tried adding one of the RTSP streams listed on Page 23 hereto TinyCam Monitor as outlined in step # 6 here ?
Yes I finally did and that got me into the right ballpark, thank you.

Big edit, I am striking most of what I wrote before.

Recap: I was trying to get Tiny Cam to work. I detoured into VLC because it's easier to test URLs in VLC. Had no luck there, but I really wanted to make SURE I knew what URL would work before configuring Tiny Cam! Turns out I can only view substreams via VLC, which made testing main streams destined to fail. If only I had tried a substream earlier in the evening... Anyway, now that I have verified an RTSP video link that works, I can work on configuring other viewers.

For future searchers, here is a summary of what kind of RTSP and HTTP links work on my LTS NVR, the LTN9816-P16. (These links do not show auth built in, but you can add that with name:password@ip/etc/etc.)

View substream of a camera behind the NVR, routed through NVR RTSP port 8554.
rtsp://192.168.1.15:8554/streaming/channels/702

My NVR IP is 192.168.1.15 obviously, camera is #7. /701 for the main stream does NOT work for me in VLC. Have not tested other viewers yet.

Grab an image from a camera behind the NVR, over HTTP (cam 2 in this case)
http://NAME:PASSWORD@192.168.1.15/ISAPI/Streaming/channels/201/picture

The channel number is the first digit, and the second 2 digits are ignored as far as I can tell.

This is NOT the format specified in the LTS manual for grabbing pics over HTTP! They specify /streaming/channels/1/picture and that does not work for me. I was irritably trying some other Hikvision formatted URLs, and actually entered the channel number as 3 digits in error and it worked. I said some bad words.

Not working for me: Viewing a camera RTSP feed via its Virtual Host link, eg:
rtsp://192.168.1.15:65003/streaming/channels/702

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
This is NOT the format specified in the LTS manual for grabbing pics over HTTP! They specify /streaming/channels/1/picture and that does not work for me. I was irritably trying some other Hikvision formatted URLs, and actually entered the channel number as 3 digits in error and it worked. I said some bad words.
You are mixing up the format (ie the channel number) for the direct Camera image and an image from an NVR channel.