Can't get NVR to recognize additional cameras

mpd2434

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all, new to this forum. Have my 1st question. I just had a Flir 8 channel 6 camera NVR system installed (DN308P2E6). I just purchased two additional cameras so all 8 channels will be used. The cameras are the same model# that came with my system. My problem is I installed the new cameras and verified that the cables were good but I can't get them up and running. I was told by a Flir salesman that my system would automatically recognize them but that's not the case. I've tried doing a device search, they show up but must be configured I assume because the port, MAC address, etc. are different than the original 6. Can anyone give me an idea of how to set them up? Thanks.

JimandYen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just one thing to check because I'm not familiar with Flir / Lorex systems......... Look at the specs of the other cams on your system and write down the info for each camera. Check the new ones and make sure there is not a IP address conflict. You may have to change that. Not sure how much you know about networking but see if you can set the system to static so you can control the IP address. (Uncheck DHCP)

mpd2434

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes I did that and the IP addresses are different for all the cameras including the new ones. I don't know what to set the new cameras to since there all different.

JimandYen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That's good. The IP should all be different.

I'm sure someone else on this forum can offer something better to help.

You might want to post screenshots of the cameras setting. Originals and new ones..

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Assuming these cameras are on the same LAN as your PC, are you able to browse to each of the new camera's IP address with your web browser and log into each camera with your browser?

mpd2434

n3wb
Reaction score
OK I think I found my problem. I used a short store bought cable and pulled one of the cameras down then plugged it directly into the NVR and it worked fine. I figured the wire I ran to the camera outside has a bad connector. My problem is I only have the basic tester with the lights to check my connection. All 8 lights are lighting up the same as the store bought cable which means a good connection. wtf. Guess Ill have to replace both plugs

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
All 8 lights are lighting up the same as the store bought cable which means a good connection. wtf. Guess Ill have to replace both plugs
The tester will likely only be checking connectivity.
That doesn't mean though that the wire assignments are correct, it just means that each wire is connected to the corresponding pin at each end of the cable.
Get the twisted pairs wrong and interference and crosstalk will kill the ability to transmit data.
What wiring standard did you use?

mpd2434

n3wb
Reaction score
Yup, that was my problem, must have crossed wires when crimping the connectors to the ends. I cut one connector off and replaced it on the wire to the 1st camera and it came right up. the 2nd camera I had to replace both connectors. All good now. Thanks everyone for all replies.