Can't Add JVC VNH257VPU

JesseF

n3wb
Reaction score
I have read through a lot of the threads on here and still can't seem to figure out my issue. I am attempting to add a camera to my BI system. I can access the camera on my laptop by visiting the cameras IP address and putting in the credentials. When I attempt to add the camera to BI I put click the find/inspect button and receive the below info. When I click OK to save the camera (like I have done on other cameras) I get a RTSP: 404 Not Found.

I am running a PC based system with Windows 10.
I have my computer plugged directly into the router.
Ther router running to a POE switch and the cameras hooked into the POE.
I have 11 other mixed brandes (Dahua, Hikvision) running on the system and have set them up the same way.

Any help would be appreciated.

Here is the find/inspect results:

Opening 192.168.1.61 port 80...
HTTP Get / request...
OK
ONVIF GetSystemDateAndTime
2018-02-10T20:39:15.000Z
Requesting device information...
Manufacturer: JVC KENWOOD
Model: VN-H257VP
FirmwareVersion: 6.01.006
GetCapabilities...
Querying services
Has Imaging services: /onvif/imaging_service
Has media services: /onvif/media_service
Has RTP_RTSP_TCP, requesting profiles
Has Event services: /onvif/event_service
Has WSPullPointSupport
RelayOutputs: 2
InputConnectors: 2
Has Device IO services: /onvif/deviceio_service
AudioOutputs: 1
Has PTZ service: /onvif/ptz_service
Checking for common cameras...
Foscam FI86xx/98xx compatible?
Foscam FI89xx compatible?
Foscam FI9821 V2 compatible?
Foscam FI9821 media port compatible?
RTSP port open?
RTSP port detected!
Done

BubbaJoe

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Type your http like this: 192.168.1.61:80

Then hit inspect see what that does.

JesseF

n3wb
Reaction score
Putting :80 at then end came back with the same results. I can post here if you would like but comparing them it looks like the only difference is the date and time.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Putting :80 at then end came back with the same results. I can post here if you would like but comparing them it looks like the only difference is the date and time.
What is the rtsp port set to in your camera?

JesseF

n3wb
Reaction score
When you say in your camera do you mean when accessing it through a browser and looking at the settings? If so I have attached a screenshot of the settings but dont see anything that says RTSP. If you mean in BI then it is 554

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
When you say in your camera do you mean when accessing it through a browser and looking at the settings? If so I have attached a screenshot of the settings but dont see anything that says RTSP. If you mean in BI then it is 554
ok, post the blue iris video>configuration settings as well..

JesseF

n3wb
Reaction score
80 did not work. Changed the error to I/O error. I will download the manager and post results. Thank you.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
80 did not work. Changed the error to I/O error. I will download the manager and post results. Thank you.
you may also want to try the camera options under jvc in the dropdown...

JesseF

n3wb
Reaction score
Under JVC there are only 6 cameras. I tried them all with no luck. If this helps here are the two pieces of information that post you referenced asked to check. Thank you again.

Attachments

JesseF

n3wb
Reaction score
Would the additional information I posted help anyone suggest another option? Thanks for the time.

JesseF

n3wb
Reaction score
I did try putting the string rtsp://192.168.1.61/ONVIF/Streaming/channels/0 into the path field under Video but that didn't work. I tried it on the generic camera after hitting find/inspect as well as on each JVC camera listed (which is 6). Some of the JVC cameras came back with 400 bad request while the others came back with RTSP 404 Not Found.