can't access Hikvision camera

Reaction score
Hi,
I do following steps, after that we can't access camera again, how to hard reset it ? or re-install camera os ?

1. set Ip to DHCP
2. telnet to camera
3. rm /dev0/firmware.tar.gz
4. rm /dev1/firmware.tar.gz

our camera model is : DS-2DF5274

Thanks,

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
It looks like the recovery / upgrade process for this camera may be different from the 2-series cameras that are the more common model on this forum.
I'd suggest that you contact your supplier and ask for some technical support, even some instructions, on how to recover from a firmware problem on this camera.
Does SADP see the camera / this model of camera?
It is advisable to have a fixed, known IP address and not issue from a DHCP pool (assuming it's not a DHCP reservation). Does your DHCP server list the camera as a connected device?

Reaction score
It looks like the recovery / upgrade process for this camera may be different from the 2-series cameras that are the more common model on this forum.
I'd suggest that you contact your supplier and ask for some technical support, even some instructions, on how to recover from a firmware problem on this camera.
Does SADP see the camera / this model of camera?
It is advisable to have a fixed, known IP address and not issue from a DHCP pool (assuming it's not a DHCP reservation). Does your DHCP server list the camera as a connected device?
SADP can't see camera,
supplier said that need hardware reset with some tools, I don't know what can I do ?!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Ask the seller for a copy of the firmware that was on the camera, and ask if the 'normal TFTP recovery process' can be used, as in the 2-series cameras. If not, ask for details of the recovery process.
And ask the seller to explain what "hardware reset with some tools" means in detail.

Good luck.