Cannot see HIK camera on SADP

Reaction score
Hi there - hoping for some guidance. I am new and have set up 1 of 2 cameras so far. NVR (7616ni e2/8p) is up and running and camera is connected, recording etc. One thing I note is when running SADP I only see the NVR. I do not see the camera. I am certain this is how I have set up. Due to a lack of available ports, I am running my NVR via a switch. The camera is running into the NVR. I want to be able to access the camera via IE but it cannot find it. I can access NVR via IE and also via ivms-4200.

I also see my NVR has 192.168.2. but the camera itself is 192.168.254.
I have reinstalled sadp and I am certain it is my lack of knowledge on the network.
Any guidance for this newb is very much appreciated.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The NVR with PoE ports has 2 network interfaces, the LAN interface connected to your switch / router, and the network that runs on the PoE ports that the cameras are connected to.
The PoE network a separate network that by default is not accessible from the LAN, so SADP on your LAN-connected PC will not see the cameras that are on it.
But on a temporary basis - without needing to change the IP address of your PC - if you connect the PC to a spare PoE port, SADP will be able to see all the cameras and also the NVR via it's PoE interface.
Quite a few threads on that topic - "accessing cameras on PoE ports" or similar.