cannot connect LaView B9 wireless IP camera to BI

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am very new to BI, so new that I'm running the trial version just to make sure that the cameras I already have will work with the software before I commit to buying it. I have a few La View wireless IP outdoor cameras. Prior to buying, the reviews mentioned that these can connect to BI. However, I'm having trouble doing so.

I've been able to find the IP addresses of each camera, but when I try to add a new camera to BI and enter in the IP address, I get an error message. The LaView website has brief directions on how to connect their cameras to BI. I've followed the directions very closely to no avail.

An additional note, I'm unable to access the config page for each camera. The manuals that came with my cameras do not mention how to do this and the directions I've found on the LaView website are for wired not wireless cameras. I'm thinking if I can access the config page, I could tweak some settings to make things work. Does anyone know how to do this?

I'd appreciate any help in getting this started. I just hope I've bought the correct type of cameras to connect to BI. It would be a bummer if they in fact don't connect.

Thanks!

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Start with one camera plugged in.
Place the camera within 10 ft line of sight of your WIFI router. Test there.
If you can not login to the cameras with a browser you will never get BI to work.
What browser are you trying to use ?
Does the LaView cameras require a browser plug in ?
WIFI cameras are not for security and surveillance, they are k for watching the bird feeder or the de walking across the yard.

============================
I have posted this before.

I did a wifi test a while back with multiple 2MP cameras each camera was set to VBR, 15 FPS, 15 Iframe, 3072kbs, h.264. Using a wifi analyzer I selected the least busy channel (1,6,11) on the 2.4 GHZ band and set up a separate SSID and access point. With 3 cameras in direct line of sight of the AP about 25 feet away I was able to maintain a reasonable stable network with only intermittent signal drops from the cameras. Added a 4th camera and the network became totally unstable. Also add a lot of motion to the 3 cameras caused some more network instability. More data more instability.
The cameras are nearly continuously transmitting. So any lost packet causes a retry, which cause more traffic, which causes more lost packets.
Wifi does not have a flow control, or a token to transmit. So your devices transmit any time they want, more devices more collisions.
As a side note, it is very easy to jam a wifi network. Wifi is find for watching the bird feed but not for home surveillance and security.
Test do not guess.

For a 802.11G 2.4 GHZ wifi network the Theoretical Speed is 54Mbps (6.7MBs) real word speed is nearer to 10-29Mbps (1.25-3.6 MBs) for a single channel

Think of the problem as you are in a room with a number of different people talking to you about different subjects all at the same time, If you do not answer then they repeat what they said.

You neighborhood and house activity can effect your wifi, the neighbor or you turn on the microwave, Turn on the TV using a wireless connection.

Reaction score
Start with one camera plugged in.
Place the camera within 10 ft line of sight of your WIFI router. Test there.
If you can not login to the cameras with a browser you will never get BI to work.
What browser are you trying to use ?
Does the LaView cameras require a browser plug in ?
WIFI cameras are not for security and surveillance, they are k for watching the bird feeder or the de walking across the yard.

I have posted this before.

I did a wifi test a while back with multiple 2MP cameras each camera was set to VBR, 15 FPS, 15 Iframe, 3072kbs, h.264. Using a wifi analyzer I selected the least busy channel (1,6,11) on the 2.4 GHZ band and set up a separate SSID and access point. With 3 cameras in direct line of sight of the AP about 25 feet away I was able to maintain a reasonable stable network with only intermittent signal drops from the cameras. Added a 4th camera and the network became totally unstable. Also add a lot of motion to the 3 cameras caused some more network instability. More data more instability.
The cameras are nearly continuously transmitting. So any lost packet causes a retry, which cause more traffic, which causes more lost packets.
Wifi does not have a flow control, or a token to transmit. So your devices transmit any time they want, more devices more collisions.
As a side note, it is very easy to jam a wifi network. Wifi is find for watching the bird feed but not for home surveillance and security.
Test do not guess.

For a 802.11G 2.4 GHZ wifi network the Theoretical Speed is 54Mbps (6.7MBs) real word speed is nearer to 10-29Mbps (1.25-3.6 MBs) for a single channel

Think of the problem as you are in a room with a number of different people talking to you about different subjects all at the same time, If you do not answer then they repeat what they said.

You neighborhood and house activity can effect your wifi, the neighbor or you turn on the microwave, Turn on the TV using a wireless connection.

Hi SouthernYankee,

thanks for your reply and for the useful information. Unfortunately it looks like the LaView models I purchased are in-fact not onvif compatible. Looks like I'll be returning these and look for something that is compatible with BI.

thanks again for your help.