Cannot Change IP Address On Dahua IPC-HFW8232EP-Z

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
For some reason when I use the ConfigTool to try and change the address on this camera to match my network it will not let me do it. A little yellow triangle with an exclamation point comes up next to the address and says "password error" when I click on the triangle. Normally a green check mark comes up if everything is ok.

Now I have the exact same camera which I bought from Andy a couple of weeks ago and that one worked just fine as have the other Dahua cameras that I have. Also this one is from Andy and I got it within a week.

I have reset this camera multiple times from 10 seconds to 60+ seconds of holding down the reset button while the power is turned on. I am thinking that the camera is faulty or has a non-standard password. It should come with admin-admin. Config does see the camera and address of 192.168.1.108. It does power up. I am stumped on this one.

Edit: Is there another way to access the camera. I am hooking it up to a Hikvision NVR as I have done with the others.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I just found out about Dahua program SmartPSS. I just downloaded it and will give that a try in the morning.

Myllerman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I always log in via the webinterface (pale moon browser on pc) but i dont have an NVR yet so dont know what difference that makes.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
For some reason when I use the ConfigTool to try and change the address on this camera to match my network it will not let me do it. A little yellow triangle with an exclamation point comes up next to the address and says "password error" when I click on the triangle. Normally a green check mark comes up if everything is ok.

Now I have the exact same camera which I bought from Andy a couple of weeks ago and that one worked just fine as have the other Dahua cameras that I have. Also this one is from Andy and I got it within a week.

I have reset this camera multiple times from 10 seconds to 60+ seconds of holding down the reset button while the power is turned on. I am thinking that the camera is faulty or has a non-standard password. It should come with admin-admin. Config does see the camera and address of 192.168.1.108. It does power up. I am stumped on this one.

Edit: Is there another way to access the camera. I am hooking it up to a Hikvision NVR as I have done with the others.
click the setting on the config tool and you need to put the password into it.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I have tried 3 different Dahua ConfigTools and the Dahua SmartPSS program to no avail. I have the camera hooked up to my router with a separate 12VDC power supply. No dice. I took down the other identical Dahua camera to check with and there is no problem with it. I am out of ideas. Something is amiss and I just do not know what it is.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
I have run into this before but not on this model dahua.

If you have a laptop or a pc, set the IP address static to the 192.168.1.x subnet.
disconnect the laptop or pc from your network, run the cable direct to the camera with the powerbrick installed so it has power. See if you can log into it direct that way.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I have run into this before but not on this model dahua.

If you have a laptop or a pc, set the IP address static to the 192.168.1.x subnet.
disconnect the laptop or pc from your network, run the cable direct to the camera with the powerbrick installed so it has power. See if you can log into it direct that way.
I did do that with my laptop. I used the address 192.168.1.108. Now I may have done some thing wrong in doing that method as that is the first time I have tried it. I will try that method again tomorrow. I need to give the whole thing a rest for now. Hahaha

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I have tried 3 different Dahua ConfigTools and the Dahua SmartPSS program to no avail. I have the camera hooked up to my router with a separate 12VDC power supply. No dice. I took down the other identical Dahua camera to check with and there is no problem with it. I am out of ideas. Something is amiss and I just do not know what it is.
i also meet this before, i change the network ip address to the same segment, such as 192.168.1.xxx, Then can config the cam again. Seems bug.

Heire

n3wb
Reaction score
I had a similar problem but I just logged in directly on the camera.
For the first time the camera needs a new password, thats why it fails with the config tool.
In general I always log in on the camera

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I had a similar problem but I just logged in directly on the camera.
For the first time the camera needs a new password, thats why it fails with the config tool.
In general I always log in on the camera
That sounds like what my problem is. I am just now getting ready to try and log directly into the camera off my laptop port.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I must be doing something wrong. I am going to have a "computer expert" come over and give me a hand and a "education".

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I had a IT technician come over and perform his mastery on this camera. He tried all kinds of things. When we ping the camera there is no response. Also the MAC address listed on the camera is not the same that shows up on the Dahua configtool program. Not sure what that means. I will go ahead and get ahold of Andy.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
If the computer and the camera were completely disconnected from all other devices on your network and you are getting that type of response then YES its time to send her back. I know this might be a long shot but (and this should not be a issue) but did you try a cross over cable between the two, I have some older cams that needed that for direct communication when NOT using a switch. Otherwise It looks like you have done what you needed to do. Usually when you get Ghost Mac addresses you have faulty cabling or sick hardware.

Last edited:

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
We did what you suggested with the laptop to no avail. Like I said I have an identical camera I bought from Andy about 2 months ago and no problem at all with that one. I will just have to pay and send it back for an exchange. Waiting to hear from Andy. Thank You to all that tried to help.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
We did what you suggested with the laptop to no avail. Like I said I have an identical camera I bought from Andy about 2 months ago and no problem at all with that one. I will just have to pay and send it back for an exchange. Waiting to hear from Andy. Thank You to all that tried to help.
Good luck my friend, hope it works out for you.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Andy sent me a message about initializing the camera with the Dahua Configtool. I looked it up and sure enough there is an initializing part when you first search and find your device. However on the Configtool programs I have downloaded that "initializing" message does not appear. Any thoughts?

From what I understand is that the newer cameras are not shipped with a password and you have to enter your own password at startup. One of two things as I see it. One is I am downloading the wrong ConfigTool. Second is my camera already has a password of some sort and the "initializing" part does not show. Waiting to hear back from Andy.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Andy sent me a message about initializing the camera with the Dahua Configtool. I looked it up and sure enough there is an initializing part when you first search and find your device. However on the Configtool programs I have downloaded that "initializing" message does not appear. Any thoughts?

From what I understand is that the newer cameras are not shipped with a password and you have to enter your own password at startup. One of two things as I see it. One is I am downloading the wrong ConfigTool. Second is my camera already has a password of some sort and the "initializing" part does not show. Waiting to hear back from Andy.
Does it go out and find your camera? If it does it should give you a ip address looking like this:
BTW did you set the ip pool under settings first so it can search the correct subnet?
tool.JPG

Yes he is correct about the first time setup of a password however you should have been able to do that by logging on directly.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
It shows up pretty much like that but the MAC address does not match what is on the camera label or on the box. I am not sure all the information is there as shown in your picture such as the subnet mask. I will look into this once again tomorrow and report back. By the way which version ConfigTool is that? Also I would rather not send this camera back if it can be fixed.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
It shows up pretty much like that but the MAC address does not match what is on the camera label or on the box. I am not sure all the information is there as shown in your picture such as the subnet mask. I will look into this once again tomorrow and report back. By the way which version ConfigTool is that? Also I would rather not send this camera back if it can be fixed.
I also meet this problem before. Dahua engineer to us all cams using on the config tool now need to initialize
Please use dahua latest config tool here. Please install the toolbox on your computer.
upload_2018-1-23_12-9-52.png
http://www.dahuasecurity.com/support/DownloadCenter/Tools/MaintenanceTools?path=window