Can no longer see camera on other side of LTS NVR

bokenrosie

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been using BlueIris to monitor cameras that are setup on a LTS Video Recorder. I'm not sure what happened recently but I lost all the cameras. I could not see them on the DVR or on the BlueIRIS computer.

If I set a static IP on a computer to 192.168.188.2 (that's the range that the NVR gives out to cameras) I am able to reach all the cameras. This confirms that the cameras are working.

When I open up BlueIRIS it still has all the addresses of the cameras on that .188 network.

Yet I cannot get to them from my 192.168.1.3 desktop. I used to be able to do it all the time. That's how I configured them so the bandwidth for cameras stayed off the main network. (I think that was suggested here).

Any help greatly appreciated. Specifically, I'd like to get back to seeing the cameras from my main network but leave them on the NVR IP range 192.168.188.x

Thanks.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Yet I cannot get to them from my 192.168.1.3
That's in a different IP address range than the cameras on 192.168.188.x which means that with a normal subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 the PC would not be able to access the cameras.

I'm not sure what happened recently but I lost all the cameras.
Well, it sounds like something has changed.
Did you change ISP providers? Reconfigure the IP address range of your router?

bokenrosie

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Alastair,

Thanks for the response. Nothing changed. No new provider. No new router. It worked for years. I just assumed the NVR had some routing that it was doing to allow traffic to flow through it's Lan connection to the cameras downstream.

It's an LTS if anyone knows anything about them.