Can my Dahua DH-SD59225U-HN be powered by 48v DC POE?

Chas

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have important question: my "DH-SD59225U-HNI" camera is a POE and the NVR "NVR4104-P-4KS2" is also a POE, I now wish to operate both Camera and NVR on 48v Dc "POE" power, but I am worried.

My concern is my Dahua camera DH-SD59225U-HNI is a 24v AC (External power supply) and the NVR Recorder is 48v DC, due to the large specification and polarity differences, can I use the NVR POE 48v Dc system "Camera and NVR" all powered by the POE from the NVR 48v DC without damage?

If I can use the POE (Power over Ethernet) and removing the external 24v AC power to supply the camera, can I have an explanation why this will not damage the camera by feeding 48v DC into the camera that is rated at only 24v AC.
Can anybody help me please as I am confused?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have important question: my "DH-SD59225U-HNI" camera is a POE and the NVR "NVR4104-P-4KS2" is also a POE, I now wish to operate both Camera and NVR on 48v Dc "POE" power, but I am worried.

My concern is my Dahua camera DH-SD59225U-HNI is a 24v AC (External power supply) and the NVR Recorder is 48v DC, due to the large specification and polarity differences, can I use the NVR POE 48v Dc system "Camera and NVR" all powered by the POE from the NVR 48v DC without damage?

If I can use the POE (Power over Ethernet) and removing the external 24v AC power to supply the camera, can I have an explanation why this will not damage the camera by feeding 48v DC into the camera that is rated at only 24v AC.
Can anybody help me please as I am confused?
The camera operates on POE+, the nvr can supply POE+ it will work fine. You are confusing POE with the alternative power option in the pigtail.
You need to google POE 802.3.
This has been discussing in many threads.

Chas

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes I have been confused, you mention Pigtail is that the POE injector, I am sorry to be so dumb, I have Googled the Poe 802.3 but it did not mention the actual voltage. Thank you so much for you guidance.