Can I set up Synology NAS for liveview & playback with Accusense alerting directly from Camera?

Reaction score
I wish to setup a DS-2CD2347G2-LU with a Synology NAS / Surveillance Station rather than a NVR. Synology SS only supports a generic Hikvision ONVIF profile with no profile for my specific model. In any event the Synology does not support the advanced Accusense alerting features on this camera.

I also wish to lock down my local network. I will only access the camera and NAS locally via OpenVPN on my router, as do not want to use port forwarding, uPnP or even P2P for security reasons. I will therefore not use the Hik-Connect app which I believe uses P2P.

Question:
Ideally I would like to use Surveillance Station to activate the camera, and to use for live view & playback type functions. Can I then still configure the Accusense smart humans/vehicle detection alerting directly using the camera’s web interface, so I can get those email alerts which Synology can’t give me? I guess I would have to set the recording on the NAS to use their simpler motion detecting if I don’t want 24x7.