Can I see Motion indications during continous recording

Reaction score
I am trying to set my NVR up so that when I do playback, it will show me indications of when motion has occured. I am a dog sitter, so I have several cameras that are constantly recording, but I rarely require to view the continous footage. When I would like to view a specific time period, it doesn't show me when motion has been detected. So i am forced to watch the entire time period of when I knew the dogs were passing that camera. Any assistance on how I can set that would be greatly appreciated. I usually view playback on my Windows 10 PC or Hik-Connect Application. Thank you in advance

Edit: I am unable to see event indications on the hills-connect app during playback. I need the event indications. It only shows continuous.

My system is as follows:

Serial No.: DS-7608NI-I2
Firmware Version:V4.51.007 build 210818
Encoding Version: V5.0 build 210816
Hardware Version: 0100054704000000
Web Version: V5.0.0 build 210621
Plugin Version: V3.0.7.41

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I usually view playback on my Windows 10 PC or Hik-Connect Application.
There are a couple of ways you should be able to do this :

This is how it used to work on the V3.x firmware - I'm not so sure on the V4.x versions.
With IE11 on the web GUI of the NVR, Playback tab, with a camera in full-screen single-camera view, with playback active -
Click the swizzler at the bottom left of the window, and select the Motion icon.
The red markers will appear on the blue continuous timeline.

Alternatively, and you might like the long-awaited functionality of this :
Install iVMS-4200 and add the NVR as a device.
In the Remote Playback tab, do a Motion Event search against the desired timeline for the desired camera.
The orange motion markers will show on the timeline, and an events list will appear as a column on the far right.
Oddly the events of interest cannot be selected on the playback timeline, they must be selected from the list on the right.

An example is below.

Attachments

Reaction score
There are a couple of ways you should be able to do this :

This is how it used to work on the V3.x firmware - I'm not so sure on the V4.x versions.
With IE11 on the web GUI of the NVR, Playback tab, with a camera in full-screen single-camera view, with playback active -
Click the swizzler at the bottom left of the window, and select the Motion icon.
The red markers will appear on the blue continuous timeline.

Alternatively, and you might like the long-awaited functionality of this :
Install iVMS-4200 and add the NVR as a device.
In the Remote Playback tab, do a Motion Event search against the desired timeline for the desired camera.
The orange motion markers will show on the timeline, and an events list will appear as a column on the far right.
Oddly the events of interest cannot be selected on the playback timeline, they must be selected from the list on the right.

An example is below.
Thank you for your reply. I’m trying to get this to work on my mobile device too. I have also installed Ivms-4200 lite but it doesn’t seem to show motion indicators either. I also use Hik-Connect but lacks the same indicators. I can’t locate any setting that allows me to select it. Thanks.