Can I record on motion 24/7 and set email alerts on schedule?

Reaction score
I have a new HIKVDS9616NII88TB that I have setup to record only on motion 24/7, but I also want it to send emails on motion only during certain evening hours. So again it is currently setup to record on motion all the time and i only want email alerts during after hours, is this possible to have both? Do I create a separate profile or something else

Attached are a couple pics on the remote admin interface options that I have. These are a little bit different than the in person NVR interface.

Thank you for any and all help

Hik 2.JPGHik Interface 1.JPG

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If im not mistaken, Linkage Method dictates when its gonna send email,notify surveillance center and when to record, therefore its not possible under single event ,in this case motion.

BUT do a i.e region entrance/exit as an EMAIL confirmation, while its being recorded by Motion detection.

EDIT:

Or simply push all EMAILS on motion and use email client rules to rule out messages sent in certain time

Cheerio

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I have setup to record only on motion 24/7
In the separate storage schedule.

I also want it to send emails on motion only during certain evening hours
So maybe setting the arming schedule under Basic Event would do that - though it would also inhibit recording the motion events outside the schedule, which may be undesired.
Guessing a bit as that's not something I've tested.