Camera web server dead?

Lockwood

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Been trying to resurrect some cameras this week and thanks to alastairstevenson, I was able to get a Hikvision working again. I have a Dahua or Generic Dahua camera. It doesn't say Dahua on it, it says ip66 icamera. Model # is IPC-HFW2100N-0360B, so I'm pretty sure it is a rebranded Dahua. Anyway, water damaged the camera's Ethernet port and the camera stopped working. If I connect the camera, the infrared will turn on but the camera will not show up in Dahua's configuration tool. I tried resetting the camera using the reset button, but still nothing. Do you think the Web Server is shot? Any suggestions?

Chris

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
If I connect the camera, the infrared will turn on but the camera will not show up in Dahua's configuration tool.
This is after you have replaced the damaged connector in some way?
Are you convinced the wiring matches the original properly?
Does the link detect LED come on at the switch port the camera is connected to?

I tried resetting the camera using the reset button, but still nothing.
With the PC having an IP address in the 192.168.1.x range, does a ping to 192.168.1.108 return any replies?

Lockwood

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Sorry for the delay and thanks for replying. I got hung up yesterday. I'll check this all out today. The connector wasn't replaced on this one. I'll get back to you sometime today.

Thanks,
Chris

Lockwood

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So I ran the tests you suggested. My switch port lights up when I connect the camera. If I ping 192.168.1.103, I receive a destination unreachable message for the first attempt, then 3 successful replies from 192.168.1.2. If I ping 192.168.1.2 I get 4 successful replies. What I find weird is , I have the camera powered up through a PoE injector and then connected to my laptop for the ping test. The camera is in no way connected to my switch when I run the ping test. The 192.168.1.2 address corresponds to my router to which my switch is connected. Not show how my router is replying. Just realized, the laptop was connected to my wifi, that's how. I'll run it again with wifi off, but it seems from the first ping attempt, it can't reach the camera's server.